Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Uma D Ratakonda
Dr. Uma D Ratakonda, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY, with another office in Bronx, NY. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Ratakonda is affiliated with Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital. Dr. Ratakonda has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Uma D Ratakonda has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Uma D Ratakonda has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
Dr. Uma D Ratakonda has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Uma D Ratakonda is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
After giving birth a month ago she didn't want to listen to me with all the pain I was having...I ended up having a serious UTI infection which spread to my kidneys...She is a lousy doctor rushes patients out of her office so she can charge the insurance company....Please don't chose her as your OBGYN
She is very impersonal even after years of working with you. She is easily annoyed by questions. During prenatal visits, she doesn't tell you what to expect for the subsequent visits. She recently transferred to a clinical setting where I waited 4 hours to see her even though my appoinment was for nine o clock.
Doctor keeps patients waiting for a long time. I had a 9am appt. and doc did not walk in until 9.45. There were already 4 patients waiting. She also gets annoyed when questions are asked and she ignores and does not return phones. There is also no consistent follow up after tests are administered. Very lukewarm bedside manner. Office staff is very friendly and efficient.
Dr. Ratakonda is quiet, however, what she lacks in interaction she makes up with skills. I have seen her for two years every five months or so, and each and every time, I can say with absolute certainty, her examination and procedures have always been very gentle; and the reason I know this, because her soft touch during a procedure (pap/biopsy/colpo) is in stark contrast with coarseness of a couple of other GYN's I have seen. Not only this, also, each and every time without exception she has performed the right tests for me (or as the trade would call "quality sampling") leading to correct diagnosis and management of my condition. I would recommend Dr. Ratakonda for her professional skills and capabilities and for her very gentle hands. P.S. Her staff are very friendly, professional and welcoming.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ratakonda is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College
Graduated in 1981
New York Medical College
Dr. Uma D Ratakonda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Uma D Ratakonda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.