Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Unni M Mooppan has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Unni M Mooppan has the following 7 expertise
- Kidney Stones
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Unni M Mooppan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 28
I waited for over an hour to see Dr. Mooppan. He examined me and told me he felt a nodule and that I should have a test to determine my PSA right away. I went to Quest lab he received the results two days later. It has been three weeks. I have called the office 5x with no return call. I will not return to this office. The staff is non responsive and did not speak English well. I do not recommend anyone to see this Doctor.
Dr. Mooppan is a great urologist. He cared for my daughter after she had a fall in which she damaged her kidney. Her kidney was so damaged and we thought that she was going to lose it. Thanks to the help of Dr. Mooppan and his team my daughter's kidney was saved. While spending a month in Brookdale every morning Dr. Moopans team visited my daughters room to check up on her. Dr. Moopan was very accurate and showed much care for my daughter. I would reccomend him anytime.
49 Years Experience
Madras Medical College
Graduated in 1969
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Unni M Mooppan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsBrookdale University Hospital & Medical Center, 1 Brookdale Plz, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Unni M Mooppan in this video.
Dr. Unni M Mooppan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.