Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Valerian A Catanzarite
Dr. Valerian A Catanzarite, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Maternal & Fetal Medicine. Dr. Catanzarite is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas, Palomar Medical Center and Scripps Green Hospital. Dr. Catanzarite has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Valerian A Catanzarite has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Catanzarite was extremely accurate in his diagnosis, the nurses at the hospital all said he was the best, and he did what was the best for the babies, even when I wanted something different. I look back with such respect for this man. He knows his stuff inside out and has so much experience, can predict what is going down with extreme accuracy. I highly recommend him if you want the BEST results! Catanzarite may not chat with you for long periods of time or have the most social personality, but he is gives best results!
I saw Dr. Catanzarite for my high-risk twin pregnancy - I only saw him in his office twice before being admitted into the hospital but for the 3 months I was there he was amazing. He may not be the most chit-chatty guy, but he knows what he is doing and felt totally comfortable in his hands. He's set the bar very high for any future doctors of mine (since I no longer live in the SD area). AMAZING PERSON!!!
Dr. Catanzarite is a fantastic doctor! As far as his personality and bed side manner, you either get him or you don't, but rest assured he is the best high risk OB in San Diego. I find him caring and sensitive, he does talk rather fast, but it's because he thinks even faster! He is highly intelligent & very knowledgeable! If you want to give your baby the best chance you can then this is THE doctor!
Very uncompassionate, very short, insensitive in delivery bad news to first time mother, very defensive and does not seem to care. We had a terrible experience. It was a nightmare come in to his office. Very bad!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2010, 2016, 2008, 2013, 2009, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Catanzarite is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Stanford Hospitals And Clinics
Dr. Valerian A Catanzarite accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Valerian A Catanzarite in this video.
Dr. Valerian A Catanzarite is similar to the following 0 Doctors near San Diego, CA.