Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Valerie Whiteman
Dr. Valerie Whiteman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal and Fetal Medicine. Dr. Whiteman is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital, The Tampa General Hospital and Temple University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Valerie Whiteman has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Hot Flashes
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Whiteman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Tampa General Hospital
The Tampa General Hospital
Temple University Hospital
Tampa General Healthplan
Tampa General Healthcare
Temple University Hospital - Episcopal Campus
29 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Valerie Whiteman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUSF HealthSouth Tampa Center, 2 Tampa General Cir, Tampa, FL
Dr. Valerie Whiteman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.