Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vandana D Sharma
Dr. Vandana D Sharma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Walnut Creek, CA. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sharma is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus, San Ramon Regional Medical Center and Sutter Delta Medical Center. Dr. Sharma has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Vandana D Sharma has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Vandana D Sharma has the following 8 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Vandana D Sharma has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Sharma is the best in her field. She never rushes a appt. Also she is very caring, and respectful of her patients feelings. I personally feel lucky to have found such a great doctor. The only thing I would change is the wait time to see her, but she is worth the wait. Her staff is also very nice.
Dr. Sharma is a great rheumatologist and I would highly recommend her. The staff are all courteous and helpful. The office is clean and organized.She never rushes your visit and takes time to see how you've been doing. She is kind and caring and always listens to you. She takes time to answer any questions you have.The only downside is the wait time. It can take a long time to get into the room and then you still have to wait a little while for the doctor. It can be frustrating but seeing Dr. Sharma is worth the wait.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Sharma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Government Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. Vandana D Sharma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn Muir Health, 1450 Treat Blvd Ste 200, Walnut Creek, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vandana D Sharma in this video.
Dr. Vandana D Sharma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Walnut Creek, CA.