Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vera Malkovska has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Vera Malkovska has the following 17 expertise
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Thymus Tumor (Thymoma)
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Hepatitis C
- Cancerous Tumor
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Dr. Vera Malkovska has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Malkovska is the best. She is patient and straight forward and spends time answering all my questions. I am always nervous and somewhat anxious when I visit her for the fear of the unknown, but she calmly put my fears at rest. She explains everything to me and my husband because I think that I only hear some of what she is saying. She is highly qualified in the field and has the experience to answer any questions that I may have. I would highly reccommend her to any Hemo/Onc patient.
Amazing doctor who is required by hospital administrators to carry a far too heavy case load. However, she helped save my life so as a doctor she is amazing!Her staff is awful and arrogant and in need of training about relating to the patients, their customers! I figure this poor staff work is a reflection of poor hospital morale and lack of leadership within the Hospital administrators office!
Dr. Malkovska is an exceptional doctor. She made me feel like a VIP no matter what the issue.My family loves her beside manner as well. Our Angel by saving my life not once but twice while treating my slow & aggressive lymphoma.She is direct and overprotective because that is what needed in my case.We look forward to seeing her because she and her staff is part of our family.We need more medical professional that genuinely care about their patients not the fame with being an educated,professional and personal doctor like Vera Malkovksa, MD at Washington Hospital Center, DC.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vera Malkovska accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedstar Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving St NW, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vera Malkovska in this video.
Dr. Vera Malkovska is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.