Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Veronica M Gubatan
Dr. Veronica M Gubatan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Maryville, TN, with another office in Maryville, TN. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Gubatan is affiliated with Blount Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Veronica M Gubatan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 14
Terrible doctor. She doesn't listen or care about her patients needs. I was treated like an idiot, when I needed help the most. Dr. Gubatan had me on medication that was causing serious side effects & she could care less. I was told to take the perscribed medication for 15 days straight. She would then consider changing the medication after 15 days. I informed Dr. Gubatan & the nursing staff, several times that the medication was sedating me & causing extreme depression. I was unable to work or care for my infant & toddler due to the medication. This was unacceptable & very discouraging. I needed to be able to function. I had already suffered over a week on the medication & exhausted all of my sick leave at work. Dr. Gubatan & the nursing staff didn't care. I was told to continue taking the medication for 15 days & that if I didn't agree I could seek treatment elsewhere. I was shocked. My previous psychiatrist listened to me & valued my opinion on how medications made me feel. Dr. Gubatan & her staff made me feel less than & that what I had to say wasn't valid. I honestly would have been driven to selfharm & if I didn't have such a good support system. That's how bad Dr. Gubatan & her staff made me feel, worthless. I obviously went to a different doctor who respectively listened to me, & I received the help I needed. I do not recommend Dr. Gubatan or Parkway Psychiatric nursing staff.
Dr. Gubatan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
East Tennessee State University
Dr. Veronica M Gubatan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Veronica M Gubatan in this video.
Dr. Veronica M Gubatan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maryville, TN.