Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Victor A Maquera
Dr. Victor A Maquera, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange Park, FL. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Maquera is affiliated with Orange Park Medical Center, St Vincents Medical Center Riverside and Baptist Medical Center Beaches. He speaks English.
Dr. Victor A Maquera has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
Showing 5 of 35
Dr. Maquera is board-certified, well-versed and extremely educated in his profession. He has a respectful and thorough paradigm of diagnostics. His plan of care is always carefully-constructed and safe. I grew up as a child of a Neurologist, and have never met one better on all fronts than Dr. Maquera.
He recommended tests, read others reports with diagnosis. Did not explain diagnosis. Said it cant be cured. Take 8 pills/day/don't come back .I told him I was in pain .He looked up 3 pain clinics in a dr. book. Resisted writing script. I left confused and hopeless. Re; staff. I made appt. They were shocked I arrived, not scheduled. I left 3 msg asking about appt.-never called.Dr. M. dreesed in polo shirt, not professional.
Dr. Maquera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Victor A Maquera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVictor A Maquera Md, 1202 Kingsley Ave, Orange Park, FL
Dr. Victor A Maquera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange Park, FL.