Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Victor M Rostapshov has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 1 of 1
Some time ago I consulted Dr. Rostapshov and asked him to evaluate a complicated case of a girl with the uncertain diagnosis and no viable treatment options. Based on the available pathology reports and analysis of the scientific literature Dr. Rostapshov was able to suggest a correct diagnosis: a rare form of the childhood cancer, dismoplastic small round cell tumor (DSRCT). He matched her with the established cancer center that conducts clinical research in DSRCT. The girl underwent a successful surgery followed by the course of the experimental treatment specifically designed for DSRCT. She is turning 14 soon and lives normal life. Dr. Rostapshov is a highly talented physician-scientist. He is capable of handling complicated cases; his true passion is to go to the root cause of cancer in every patient he sees â despite the time it may take
30 Years Experience
Russian State Medical University
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Victor M Rostapshov accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Victor M Rostapshov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewiston, ME.