Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Violet M Mcintosh has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Showing 5 of 41
I am very disappointed from this center. Main point they do repeated testing (yes their motivation in most cases appear to be monitory gain) . Taking advantage of sincere concern and fear of breast cancer in women they to do unnecessary repeat testing. I just saw my GYN and she told me that she gets lots of women calling her after a first visit to EH breast center. They are invited for further observation. I feel uncomfortable saying it but this center is like an assembly line and it my impression is that repeated testing is not innocently. Who assessed the number of invitation for re-assessment comparing them to other centers. By they way they are super nice to all women. Super nice....but that does not convince me that the practice good medicine.
When you see Dr. McIntosh you are there because of a serious or potentially serious issue. She is going to be direct and tell you everything you will need to know to make an informed decision. I have been her patient for five years and as my surgeon I have a deep trust and level of confidence in her skilled hands because I know she is one of the best out there.
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Violet M Mcintosh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEnglewood Hospital And Medical Center, 350 Engle St, Englewood, NJ
Dr. Violet M Mcintosh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Englewood, NJ.