Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Walter J Mysiw has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve Damage
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sports Medicine
- Brain Injuries
- Surgery Recovery
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chronic Pain
Showing 5 of 14
It is a wait to see him but it is so worth it. He is an excellent doctor and truly an angel. He is extremely smart and very caring. His listening skills are superb. He understands what you are saying even when you don't. He is bringing my husband back to me after a serious brain trama auto accident. He is truly a blessing.
Dr. Mysiw's staff is just appalling, with many having frankly disgusting customer service skill; none to speak of honestly. Dr. Mysiw shows little care when examining a patient and shamefully much less after years of treating the same. He will wax technical for days without educating even the most intellectual in the room, ignore any request for pain management alternatives to narcotics, and laugh at any hope for rehabilitation. With so many chairman responsibilities at OSU, blah blah Mr. Mysiw clearly has far to little time to keep up with the latest research and stay on the cutting edge of the fairly new diagnosis of traumatic brain injury with which he claims as a specialty. Mysiw's medication distribution is the worst part about him and his middle school playground of a practice which so closely borders on malpractice it's hard to believe OSU would want his face resting atop the a** that sits in the many "chairs" he "mans". If you have been handicapped by a traumatic brain injury and need someone to fight for you and that you can explicitly trust with your healthcare, this is not that person.
I may be dead today had Dr. Mysiw not come into my life. The pain control he has been able to get me to has changed my life. While I will confirm that a patient has to work in their own care, part of that is understanding that your doctor cares for others beside you. Dr. Mysiw does the best to stay within reason with the worse of us. Understanding is part of your own care as stressing about time makes us sick. Wait and allow Dr. Mysiw will do his very best to address your issues.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
37 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Walter J Mysiw accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsOhio State Medical Center, 480 Medical Center Dr, Columbus, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Walter J Mysiw in this video.
Dr. Walter J Mysiw is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.