Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wayne Leadbetter
Dr. Wayne Leadbetter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hagerstown, MD, with other offices in Rockville, MD and Hagerstown, MD (and 1 other location). He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Leadbetter is affiliated with Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore, Suburban Hospital and Shady Grove Adventist Hosp. He speaks English.
Dr. Wayne Leadbetter has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
On my first visit to this mans office, I was extremely impressed with theoffice staff and the explanation about what steps would be taken to properly diagnose my knee pain. An x-ray was taken and I was informed that the x-ray showed nothing and I was given a shot of Cortisone and set up for physical therapy. I was told to come back after a month of therapy and if I was still in pain, I would be set up for an MRI. After one month of therapy, I returned to the office. Mr. Leadbetter walked in, or rather just stood in the open doorway and asked if my knee felt better. I told him that I still had some pain, but was not sure if the improvement was from the shot or the therapy, and that I was ready to set up the MRI. He insisted that the knee was better and that "You know where to find us if you have any more trouble." Never looked at the knee, never sat down, never came in the room, and never even closed the door. I was absolutely speechless as I paid my hard earned money for a less than 5 minute brush off. I scheduled an appointment with a different doctor over in Robinwood and had the x-rays retaken. He could not believe that anyone but a blind man could have missed the bone spurs and arthritis in my knees. I was given the synvisc shots in my knees and they feel great now. I will still need knee replacement, but the shots will dull the pain until that time comes. mr. leadbetter needs to consider giving up his incompetent style of practice and stay home.
I received a knee cap replacement on my left knee and when I got home it would not stop bleeding. We called his office and was told 3 times to keep it clean and dry. Then all the staples fell out. More surgery a knee replacement which left me with a extreme hyper extended knee which I wear a full brace on the leg for pain relief. He crippled me and my way of life. I can hardly walk.
Dr. Leadbetter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore
Shady Grove Adventist Hosp
Holy Cross Hospital
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
Montogmery Surgery Center
43 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Wayne Leadbetter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wayne Leadbetter in this video.
Dr. Wayne Leadbetter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hagerstown, MD.