Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. William E Byrd has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William E Byrd has the following 10 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. William E Byrd has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William E Byrd is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 4
Dr. Byrd is my father's doctor. I live out of state so it is very hard for me to be with him at every appointment. Dr. Byrd makes it a point to get on the phone with me everytime I call for an update. He is very compassionate, knowledgeable, and very concerned about all his patients. I highly recommend him.
Twice in the past few years, my mother has fallen due to Dr. Byrd's overmedication of her problems. He collects his Medicare payments but does not THINK of the quality of life he is affording those who need geriatric help. Each time she fell and broke something, her surgeon took her off all of her medications except for two (when he had her taking up to 12 pills a day) and she got better....was less dizzy and was healthier. She will NOT be going back to that doctor!
Patients' Choice Award (2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
48 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Duke University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRoanoke Valley Internal Medicine, 240 Smith Church Rd Ste C, Roanoke Rapids, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William E Byrd, MD - Rheumatology in Roanoke Rapids, NC, in this video.
Dr. William E Byrd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke Rapids, NC.