Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William B Humeniuk
Dr. William B Humeniuk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in McKinney, TX. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery. Dr. Humeniuk is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. Dr. Humeniuk has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William B Humeniuk has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Cartilage Fractures
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Slipped Epiphyses
- Bone Fracture
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Benign Cartilaginous Tumor (Chondroma)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Congenital Limb Deformities
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Benign Bone/Cartilaginous Tumor (Osteochondroma)
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Hip Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Comminuted Fractures
- Ilizarov Technique (Limb Lengthening)
- Cartilage Diseases
- Joint Replacement
Showing 5 of 30
I don't like doctors for a good reason. However, if you want one of finest trauma orthopedists in the state of Texas, this is the doctor for you. I had a freak accident while visiting family in the area. I chose Dr. H. based on the ratings online and he did note disappoint. His staff is awesome also. Superb "bed side manner," knowledgeable, communicative, respectful of patient's knowledge and perspectives, answers all of the questions with a smile on his face. Everyone gets the time they need, so you may have to wait a bit past your appointment, but you'll be glad you did. He works WITH you.
I liked Dr. Humeniuk overall and my interaction with him was positive. I felt like he had good ideas on how to test/assess what was causing me problems. Though he serves adults I think he's definitely more geared to pediatric patients. I followed his intructions, called the office back as he said to do and told them the results via a message because the phone wasn't answered. It was a week before someone called me back to let me know the next steps. They told me he was out of the office but would be back the following week with specific instructions on what labs I would need to get. Nobody ever called me back even though I called again and left a message. Overall it was disappointing and I decided to see someone else. His office just didn't seem to have it together so I was concerned in general about the quality of care in the long run.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Humeniuk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. William B Humeniuk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWilliam Barry Humeniuk Md, 6045 Alma Rd Ste 340, McKinney, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William B Humeniuk in this video.
Dr. William B Humeniuk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near McKinney, TX.