Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William L Madrid has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William L Madrid has the following 12 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
Dr. William L Madrid is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Madrid had seen me in the emergency room while having my first heart attack. I wasn't very comfortable with what he was telling me, however, it was my first heart attack, and I'd rather hear the truth rather than someone beating around the bush when my life is on the line. I was scared going into surgery, I had no family to help with my decision, only the nurses whom were taking me and going to be there with Dr. Madrid to perform the surgery, I cried, they reassured me it was going to be ok, I stayed for 2 days, everything went fine. Yes, I would refer anyone having heart trouble to Dr. Madrid. Thank you, everyone whom was involved with me at the Doctor's Hospital of Lakwood.
I received a pacemaker 2 years ago, and it was not inserted correctly. Only 1 of the leads is connected. Dr. Madrid's office does not wish to admit their mistakes and act as though they do not even want me as a patient, now that something has gone wrong. It would be difficult for me to go to another doctor who is not responsible for the poor outcome of my pacemaker insertion and expect someone else to correct the mistake. Yet,I am not receiving follow up care as I should be, and my health is failing. If I had it to do over again, I would not be treated by Dr. Eisenstein or by his co-worker in the same office, Dr. Madrid. It appears to me that they are running a pacemaker mill, and they do not care to do any follow-up care when their shoddy work goes wrong.
39 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Jackson Health System
Dr. William L Madrid accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAngeles Ipa, 3650 South St Ste 310, Lakewood, CA
Dr. William L Madrid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, CA.