Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William T Sargent
Dr. William T Sargent, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Sargent is affiliated with Ochsner Baptist Medical Center. Dr. Sargent has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William T Sargent has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. William T Sargent has the following 14 expertise
- Critical Care
- Child Birth
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Lung Transplantation
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. William T Sargent has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William T Sargent is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
Dr. Sargent is by far the most genuine doctor practicing. I've been his patient for approximately 7 years and I have no complaints. I had several issues with abnormal uterine bleeding, and with several test, labs, and xrays he was able to find the root cause. His bedside manner is impeccable. I was a high risk pregnancy,I have a short weakened cervix which results in me needing a cerclage to keep cervix closed during pregnancy. I had more doctor visits than the average pregnant woman and each visit hr treated me as if I was his only patient. He never rushed and always took the time to thoroughly explain my diagnosis, and answer any questions that I had. He is very prompt in responding to message sent via MyOchsner. I would definitely recommend him to any woman in need of an obgyn.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Sargent is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. William T Sargent accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOschner Ob/Gyn Clinic, 4429 Clara St Ste 640, New Orleans, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William T Sargent in this video.
Dr. William T Sargent is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.