Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Yuan-Da D Fan
Dr. Yuan-Da D Fan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Fan is affiliated with St Francis Memorial Hospital, California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus and Chinese Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Yuan-Da D Fan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Yuan-Da D Fan has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Yuan-Da D Fan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 6
Dr. Fan is one of the best doctors that I have been seening in last 15 years of my life. He is a sweet guy. He is always attentive to my needs/questions/concerns.He saved both my daughter and myself life when I had a complcated and unstable delivery. I would highly recommend Dr. Fan to someone who are looking for honestly, skillful and accurated physician.
Dr Fan may be a good doctor on the medical side, but personally I prefer a different kind of interaction. I first saw Dr Fan a few days after I'd had a miscarriage during my first pregnancy. I was kept waiting 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, but was then treated in less than 3 minutes (I looked at my watch). I was expecting to spend a while in his treatment room asking questions, giving him my previous ob/gyn medical history (I'm British and my records are still in the UK), trying to find out if my approach to my health during pregnancy had been OK, and getting reassured that everything was now alright with my insides. Instead, he wasn't listening to my questions but talking over the top of them. After rushing in and performing a very quick ultrasound exam, while talking constantly, he dashed back out of the room. I continued to lie on the treatment bed because I assumed he was coming back. After about five minutes I got dressed and went to reception, where I was presented with the bill for $180 (I have a foreign insurer and have to reclaim it myself). So far, so strange. A few months later, I decided to give him another chance. Pregnant again, I went back but got the same deal - a 45 minute wait, and then a quick ultrasound in which he couldn't see very much since it was apparently too early. After just a couple of minutes, he told me to make an appointment later in the month and seemed to be about to leave. I asked why he wasn't planning to do the standard blood tests and general health check that characterises a normal first pregnancy appointment. He told me that I'd come too early in the pregnancy for him to do anything (why didn't they tell me this on the phone, when I booked the appointment, before I took the afternoon off work and travelled across town?) Since I was several weeks into the pregnancy, and now have a history of miscarriage, this response was a bit confusing. I wanted to ask questions about the brand of pre-natal supplements I was taking (are they safe?), and discuss whether I was doing the right things to try and maintain this pregnancy (I'm obviously worried that I'll have another miscarriage). He answered those questions, but by this time I'd followed him into the corridor, and I had to keep saying "hang on please - I'd like to ask you about ....". So again I got the impression that he was in a massive hurry and couldn't wait to hustle me out of the door. Again I then received a $180 bill for a 3-minute appointment. Dr Fan seems to be a genuinely kind and pleasant man, and his style may be fine for many folks - but personally when it comes to my obstetric health, I prefer not to feel as if I'm on a factory production line. I'm switching to another doctor.
Dr. Fan was new to his practice when I met him. As an RN on the oncology floor, one of his pts was admitted and being followed by the onc team. Dr. Fan was there daily to check on her, as a courtesy, was kind and pleasant to those of us taking care of her. I was impressed and for that reason chose him for my ob gyn. He is smart, caring, approachable and easy to contact. Dr. Fan followed me through 3 births.
Dr. Fan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1985
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Yuan-Da D Fan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
Chinese Community Health Plan
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBROWN AND TOLAND, 490 Post St Ste 1112, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Yuan-Da D Fan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.