A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Beth Karlan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Beth Karlan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Karlan
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Karlan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Beth Karlan, MD is board certified in Gynecologic Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Abdominal Cavity Cancer (Peritoneal Neoplasm)
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Female Genital Cancer
- Female Infertility
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer (Papillary Cystadenocarcinoma)
- Ovariectomy (Ovary Removal)
- Uterine Cancer
- Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Neoplasm)
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Karlan graduated from Harvard University , Boston. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Karlan has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St. John's Hospital & Health Center
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Beth Karlan MD is a female Oncologist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Gynecologic Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Beth Karlan practice?
- Dr. Beth Karlan has 3 office locations.
Dr. Beth Karlan practices Gynecologic Oncology near Los Angeles, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Beverly Hills, CA.
See Los Angeles Oncologists.