Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Excellent surgeon and doctor show details Excellent surgeon and doctor
Aug 30th, 2013

My mother was his patient for 11 years. Her opthamalogist sent her to Dr. Godfrey on an emergency basis due to her acute diagnosis. We were seen immediately and he told my mother that he would do everything that he could to save her eyesight and he did. Her eyesight was 20/25 until the day she died. We knew everyone in his office. I found them to be friendly and willing to work with my work schedule so that I could take my mother to her appointments. Dr. Godfrey always explained what he was doing, what he found during his exam and was always wonderful to me after my mother's many surgeries as he explained what he had done during surgery. When she died, he sent a sympathy card with a lovely note telling me how much he always enjoyed our visits when we came to the office. If I ever develop glaucoma, I will be going to him to treat it, whether it be mild or acute.

by Jackie R on Mar 5th, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this Dr. to anybody. His biggest problem is that he doesn't listen to his patients because he simply doesn't care (this is including his staff). It was just a waste of time and money.

Jul 16th, 2012

I wouldn't recommend this doctor at all. He is very unkind.

May 16th, 2012

very compassionate....spent time with me when I have a problem....is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. You can trust this doctor!!!

GOOD SO FAR show details GOOD SO FAR
May 9th, 2012

SEEN HIM ONCE, VERY KNOWLEDGABLE

Apr 30th, 2012

Dr. is cold and clinical. No bedside manner.

Feb 2nd, 2012

Dr is considered an excellent surgeon. I do not think he has patients best interest at heart, also do not trust him. The office staff is always friendly and courteous. I give their surgery center high marks also.

Dec 3rd, 2010

On the day of the visit, we were told my dad's physician of several years had past away unexpectedly and that we will be seeing Dr. Godfrey instead. During the majority of the time, the doctor and assistant were carrying on with personal conversations and seemed more interested in that than pay attention to my father (the patient). Extremely poor bedside manners, uncaring tone of voice, seemed arrogant. We will not be returning.

patient show details patient
Oct 26th, 2010

Excellent, as in the doctor's doctor!

Oct 20th, 2009

Although the staff is courteous, they are always extremely confused (and keep apologizing for doing the procedures at the wrong time - not remembering which room they placed me in...etc. Dr. is super, though!