Pediatric Ophthalmologist, Surgeon
Video profile
3801 W 15th St
Plano, TX 75075
972-758-0625
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo. Judy's Book.
 |  Love the entire office  |  show details
by Self on Mar 12th, 2014

Hello, I personally think the office staff and the Drs. are fantastic. We have to keep in mind this is a specialist office and not just a regular Drs. office. Meaning they book out 3-4 months ahead. That does not mean they are rude, or hard to get in. This office is very busy, business minded and straight forward. A lot of time as parents we forget to schedule then time has went by and we remember to schedule, well that's not the office staffs fault. Every experience I've had has been wonderful!

Feb 18th, 2014

My daughter has seen Dr. Stager Jr. for about 2 years. He is very business-like and does not welcome questions. I feel like I'm imposing when I press for more information. He spends about 5 minutes with my daughter on visits. His staff is worse. The lady who does the eye exams is brusque and borderline rude. His scheduling staff is downright unhelpful and rude. It's nearly impossible to get an appointment in a reasonable amount of time and they don't even apologize for making you wait 2 months or more. We are switching doctors.

|  Caring doctor, rude staff  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2012

We saw Dr. Stager's partner, Dr. Dao. Dr. Dao and her medical assistants were wonderful: highly competent, professional, and "above and beyond" in terms of bedside manner and friendliness. I doubt we will continue to go to this office, however, because the front desk staff is exceedingly rude, impatient, and condescending. They seemed irked that we were even there - lots of hard, nasty stares, short tones, and visible eye-rolling. I will think long and hard about whether it is worth it to go back.

|  Quiet doctor but extremely good.  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

Our son has an expressive language disorder. So an optometrist had given him a totally off base prescription. Dr. Stager Jr. conducted an exam, dilated his eyes and wrote a prescription that my little boy could actually see with. His vision dropped off 6 months later, at our request, Dr. Stager checked his vision and gave another prescription. Our 8 year old was happy and reading. Another 9 months went by and he stopped wearing his glasses. He said they were not helping him. Another appointment, and his vision had improved tremendously. Our little boy put on his new glasses and wore them continuously. Our son lets us know if something isn't right. We don't know if the optometrist was a quack or if Dr. Stager is a genius but we trust Dr. Stager's office. He is very quiet and subdued and conservative with his conversation. I would and do recommend him to others.

Oct 20th, 2011

Dr. Stager was very professional and kind to my 3 year old son and I. My son had never been to him before but on moment's notice he took my son in and removed a foreign object in his eye. I had been to another pediatric ophthalmologist that day and he was awful. Dr. Stager saved the day. His staff was very friendly and helpful as well. I highly recommend this doctor.

|  Seen Dr. Stager Jr. for 13 yrs  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

My son w/ autism has been going to Stager Jr for 13 yrs. He is very patient w/ my child, and answers his questions (which are MANY) with patience and honesty and takes the time to explain to him. I have no memory of any situations of rudeness, etc. with the staff. When he was a toddler, Stager Jr. was particularly gentle, kind and patient w/ him.

|  Longtime patient comes back  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2011

Despite what I see here with various other opinions, our developmentally delayed daughter has been seeing Dr. Stager Jr for at least 15 years and we have never had a problem other than the usual random unexpected waits while he takes care of emergency cases that rightfully need to be taken care of. I am confident in his diagnosis and treatment skills. When our insurance did not take him as a provider we saw someone else that year and it was a nightmare because she has multiple eye problems, which Dr. Stager was able to easily treat. It is NOT necessary to dialate the eyes for all cases, and I know this because I work in the medical field as well. So when it is not necessary he does not do it, so neither I nor my insurance is charged for what seems to the lay person to be necessary. Kind of like getting antibiotics for a cold. We will continue to see Dr. Stager no matter what his staff acts like. If I have a problem with them I will tell him. And he does read other people's notes to understand the case he has in front of him, unlike many other doctors we have seen with our daughter.

|  Poor Experience  |  show details
by Disappointed Parents on Jul 23rd, 2010

Our child was referred to Dr. Stager Sr. by another doctor. Visit lasted 20 minutes with most of the appointment spent watching Dr. Stager Sr. read notes from the referring doctor. Dr. Stager did not dilate child's eyes which is one of the basics of any eye exam. After reading the notes, he did about 10 minutes of basic eye tests. Dr. Stager then said, your child has an eye problem that needs to be fixed, but I am not sure how to fix it. He gave us the name of 2 other doctors who might be able to help, and the appointment was over. Received EOB and he billed our insurance $450 for this 20 minute appointment, leaving us with a bill of $289 after insurance adjustments.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you had such a poor experience with Dr Stager SR. Your review has been posted to Dr Stager JR's profile though.

by rehaggie on Apr 9th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Dr. Stager is excellent at what he does - dealing with children with special eye conditions. I do wish he would be a little more outgoing (better bedside manner) with the kids. If you are looking for an upbeat doctor, he is not the one. If you are looking for one who you can trust your child's eyes with, he is definitely the one. I would recommend him for sure as you will never wonder if your child has the right prescription. Just know he is all business and no play. Also, I have never had an issue with the receptionist and I have been going for 5 years. They have always been very friendly and fairly quick with me.

|  MOTHER  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2008

MY SON WENT TO DR STAGER 2 TIMES FOR "SURGERY" THAT HE SWORE WOULD WORK. HERE WE ARE AGAIN WINTER AND HIS EYES ARE CRUSTED SHUT. WE OWE STAGER ALMOST 1K FOR SURGERIES HE SWORE WOULD WORK AND DIDNT. I FEEL RIPPED OFF AND BETRAYED. I LET HIM STICK A PROPE IN MY SONS EYE NOT 1 TIME BUT 2 TIMES, AND FELT HIS PAIN, WHILE I WAS PROMISED RESULTS I DIDNT GET. DR STAGER JR IS SURGERY HAPPY AND AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED A POOR DOCTOR.

Aug 12th, 2008 on yahoo.com

the receptionist seems nice... and the dr. is awesome! he knows what he's doing! glad to have him!!

|  Awesome  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 5th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Stager is a great pediatric ophthalmologist. I drive 1 12 hours to get my son to his doctor`s office. He have really improved my son`s ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Apr 9th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I am the office manager of an optometry practice in the area. I have tried on several attempts to contact Dr. Stager's office to co-manage a pediatric patient, and been forced to leave message each time with no response. It's a shame that a Dr. who comes

Aug 20th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Completely agree that the receptionist should be fired. She is the most unfriendly and unhelpful person I've met at a doctor's office. It's funny that after I read the other reviews, I was wondering whether I should stay with the doctor to put up with the

|  Pediatric Ophthamologist  |  show details
by Brigette M. at Judy`sBook on Jul 31st, 2006 on judysbook.com

A friend suggested I have my 3 year old checked for vision. Being that my DH and I both need corrective lenses mine are particularly bad I thought it was not such a bad idea. In case she needed help, better to identify it early, right ...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com