Dr. David Stager Jr MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 24th, 2017
Life changer!
Surgery is not just for children. Stager Sr. and Jr. helped me with my strabismus after cataract surgery. Worth the wait.

May 17th, 2017
They billed the insurance company for a procedure that was incorrect, which ended up costing me a LOT of money and I am finding it very difficult getting them to adjust the claim.

February 25th, 2016
I saw Dr Stager Jr last week with my 8 year old son and had a very good experience. The front office staff was pleasant, the nurse was friendly and very nice to my son because he was afraid of having the dilating drops and she did a great job taking care of him. Dr Stager Jr answered all of my questions and I would recommend the office to any parent.

November 4th, 2015
Doctor is good. His nurse is awful.
Dr. Stager is a good doctor. He is a little aggressive in his diagnosis and with surgery but overall he is experienced and cares for his patients. His nurse/assistant needs to learn some bedside manner. She's rude and doesn't return calls. He gets 4 stars and his assistant gets 1.

September 15th, 2015
We have been to Dr. Stager few times. He is very nice but wait times are long. The front staff is nice but Dr. Stager's nurse is very dry and curt. Very little to no communication. My child is scared of her. I'm confident in Dr. Stager's skills and knowledge but there is lots of room for improvement otherwise.

July 22nd, 2015
Doesn't care anymore!!
Have been patient's of Dr. Stager for over 8 years. He is just too busy and his staff is awful. Cannot answer simple questions like "When does he want to see me back?" My appointments have been cancelled numerous times and they are very unwilling to work with me to reschedule at MY convenience. Will be finding a new doctor.

May 30th, 2015
Long time patient
Dr. Stager is the ut most irresponsible Dr. He leaves the office for long periods of time, he's absolutely rude when in the room, doesn't give time for questions, very quick and ridiculous. Unfortunately I was going to switch my children to Dt. Dao, but she's leaving as well. This practice is horrible, different people working and just unprofessional as far as the Dr. I personally DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM! CONSTANTLY RESCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS!

March 12th, 2014
Love the entire office
Hello, I personally think the office staff and the Drs. are fantastic. We have to keep in mind this is a specialist office and not just a regular Drs. office. Meaning they book out 3-4 months ahead. That does not mean they are rude, or hard to get in. This office is very busy, business minded and straight forward. A lot of time as parents we forget to schedule then time has went by and we remember to schedule, well that's not the office staffs fault. Every experience I've had has been wonderful!

February 18th, 2014
My daughter has seen Dr. Stager Jr. for about 2 years. He is very business-like and does not welcome questions. I feel like I'm imposing when I press for more information. He spends about 5 minutes with my daughter on visits. His staff is worse. The lady who does the eye exams is brusque and borderline rude. His scheduling staff is downright unhelpful and rude. It's nearly impossible to get an appointment in a reasonable amount of time and they don't even apologize for making you wait 2 months or more. We are switching doctors.

July 13th, 2012
Caring doctor, rude staff
We saw Dr. Stager's partner, Dr. Dao. Dr. Dao and her medical assistants were wonderful: highly competent, professional, and "above and beyond" in terms of bedside manner and friendliness. I doubt we will continue to go to this office, however, because the front desk staff is exceedingly rude, impatient, and condescending. They seemed irked that we were even there - lots of hard, nasty stares, short tones, and visible eye-rolling. I will think long and hard about whether it is worth it to go back.

April 3rd, 2012
Quiet doctor but extremely good.
Our son has an expressive language disorder. So an optometrist had given him a totally off base prescription. Dr. Stager Jr. conducted an exam, dilated his eyes and wrote a prescription that my little boy could actually see with. His vision dropped off 6 months later, at our request, Dr. Stager checked his vision and gave another prescription. Our 8 year old was happy and reading. Another 9 months went by and he stopped wearing his glasses. He said they were not helping him. Another appointment, and his vision had improved tremendously. Our little boy put on his new glasses and wore them continuously. Our son lets us know if something isn't right. We don't know if the optometrist was a quack or if Dr. Stager is a genius but we trust Dr. Stager's office. He is very quiet and subdued and conservative with his conversation. I would and do recommend him to others.

October 20th, 2011
Dr. Stager was very professional and kind to my 3 year old son and I. My son had never been to him before but on moment's notice he took my son in and removed a foreign object in his eye. I had been to another pediatric ophthalmologist that day and he was awful. Dr. Stager saved the day. His staff was very friendly and helpful as well. I highly recommend this doctor.