Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr. Merritt corrected another doctors bad surgery. show details Dr. Merritt corrected another doctors bad surgery.
by Frances L. Fulton on Mar 23rd, 2015

Unfortunate bad eye surgery from another Doctor. I went for a second opinion. The surgeon took a look, then let me know he did not feel comfortable doing this corrective surgery. He called his friend Dr. James Merritt and ask if he would see me. Dr. Merritt ask me to come in the following Monday. From the moment Dr. Merritt stepped into the examining room on my first visit, he showed compassion, and listened to my six months of eye pain. He has since performed corrective surgery, and I am on my way to recovery. My most memorable experience before surgery. I was awake and heard a beautiful, familiar song playing, then another song before I went to sleep. This is precious to me. You see, I am a singer. I will never forget this priceless moment of special kindness given just for me. Dr. James Merritt is the most thoughtful, compassionate, caring one I have met. Top shelf! I have already let friends know Dr. James H. Merritt is knowledgeable, honest, and will do his best to take care of your medical needs. I trust him!

great doctor; horrible office manager! show details great doctor; horrible office manager!
by Mary T on Oct 14th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Merritt for several years. I have always found him to be caring and kind. He puts my mind at ease, and I feel very confident of his knowledge and expertise. However, his office manager is extremely difficult to deal with. She does not answer her calls, will not return calls and has the attitude of "my job is more difficult and more important than anyone else's!She definitely takes the "care" out of "health care" How she keeps her job there with Dr. Merritt is a mystery to me! I don't believe he knows how she treats his patients.

Dr Merritt is helping to correct another doctors MISTAKE show details Dr Merritt is helping to correct another doctors MISTAKE
by The most compassionate caring Doctor I have ever met on Jan 28th, 2014

Dr. Merritt actually met me in his office on Easter Sunday to stitch my eyelid back together. HE has since performed numerous corrective surgeries on my eyelid to try to fix what a horrible doctor did to me. I trust Dr. Merritt and know that he is very knowledgeable and can help with any issue you may have. I will have to see him for the rest of his career/my life for medication and know he will always help :)

Eyelid surgery show details Eyelid surgery
by Evelyne M on Sep 25th, 2013

I was in his office with an elderly parent & he noticed that i had one droopy eyelid, the result of an eye infection. He looked at it & indicated that IF i was interested in correcting he could help me. I made an appt to come back & soon was having the procedure. It was so easy, no pain & I now have too eyes that match. I Could Not Be Happier. I found Dr Merritt to be kind, thoughtful & patient. I was never rushed & he answered all my questions. I highly recommend him & have sent friends & family to him, they were pleased as well. 4 stars in my book.

I thought he was good, but.. show details I thought he was good, but..
Sep 5th, 2011

Dr. Merritt removed hidrocystomas from my eyelids. I thought he was great at the time.After I moved away from Dallas and started using a different doctor, I realized that Dr. Merritt did not use appropriate safety precautions, and did not attend to my comfort during the cyst removal. My new doctor covered my eye with a black plastic cover which protected my eye just in case she slipped with the knife. Dr. Merritt did not do this. Also the black plastic eyeball cover used by my new doctor kept the light from blinding me, which made the procedure more comfortable. So, between Dr. Merritt and my new doctor, I realize he could have done much better - and easily could have slipped and screwed up my eye. A word to the wise...

Feb 25th, 2011

very knowledgeable, great bedside manner.