A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Tong:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Tong, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Tong graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Tong has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Children's Medical Center of Dallas
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tong accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Cook Children’s Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Unicare - 6 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John T. Tong practice?
Dr. John Tong practices Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, and Plastic Surgery near Arlington, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Irving, TX and Grapevine, TX.
See Arlington Ophthalmologists, Arlington Pediatric Specialists, Arlington Pediatricians, and Arlington Plastic Surgeons.