Dr. Jonathon Solnik MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 29th, 2016
Correction on my previous review
Dr. Solnik Indeed practices Minimally invasive surgery, listen to his instructions, carry them out and you'll be just fine.

January 25th, 2016
Dr. Solnik indeed practice invasive surgery, I feel very blessed to have him performed my surgery, I was very comfortable and felt a sense of trust from the initial appointment to the day of my surgery. I will definitely recommend Dr. Solnik to women needing gynaecological care.

December 14th, 2015
grate doctor knows what doing, grate spetialist

April 8th, 2015
Great MD!
I was diagnosed with fibroids for a second time, and was told that I would need surgery to improve my many fibroid related symptoms/issues. Consequently, I was once again offered an abdominal myomectomy as my only treatment option, and was even advised that laparoscopic procedures are more of a fade and lack effectiveness. I immediately began to feel dread and anxiety at the thought of having to go through yet another abdominal surgery. I put the brakes on an abdominal myomectomy, and began to look into my laparoscopic surgery pros/cons and options despite begin advised against it, which is when I came across Dr. M. J. Solnik and the Cedar Sinai Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Center - HALLELUJAH!!!!! My husband and I met with Dr. Solnik, and he immediately put me at ease that I did have laparoscopic options. He provided an objective and well informed opinion, did his examination, ordered the necessary tests and determined I was most definitely a candidate for a robotic laparoscopic myomectomy - YEAH! I was relieved, but I was still apprehensive about the scheduled surgery and feared I would have a similar post-op experience as I did before (excessive pain, immobility for weeks, and a long 6 weeks of recovery). But this is where Dr. Solnik and his team of LVNs came into their own. He was what every doctor should be - throughly educated and knowledgeable yet not condescending like some MDS can be, calming, reassuring, accessible for questions and spend time talking and explaining (what a novel idea). My surgery went without a hitch and the care I received from Dr. Solnik and the staff of Cedars Sinai was exceptional, no complaints. Dr. Solnik even called the next day to see how I was doing - who does that in this day and age - he does! Awesome doctor, great staff and a well oiled hospital! Highly recommended! Only a couple of cons: Office tends to re-schedule appointments a lot, which can be bit of a hassle when juggling busy life schedules. Busy hospital, which can mean a slightly delayed surgery date.

April 29th, 2014
Bad experience
Dr Solnik has very bad attitude ....doesn't listen to how I feel ... I was very sick ... He has no bedside manner!!!!i will never go to him again I'm glad that that he never performed my surgery !!!!

April 17th, 2013
Excellent doctor
I was diagnosed with a 8.5 cm fibroid. My gynecologist told me my only option was open surgery to remove it. She did not believe I was a candidate for laparoscopic surgery based on the fibroid size. Fearing such an invasive procedure and a long recovery time, I researched different options. I came across Dr. Solnik online and was impressed by his credentials and all of his favorable reviews. At my first appointment Dr. Solnik seemed extremely knowledgeable and confident, yet he was not arrogant and took plenty of time with me to answer all of my questions. He assured me that he could safely perform the surgery laparoscopically. On the day of the surgery, Dr. Solnik had a very soothing bedside manner. He held my hand as I was going under with the anesthesia, and I felt safe, well taken care of, and like I was in the best hands. The surgery was performed at Cedars Sinai, which operates like a well oiled machine. Flash forward: It is now two weeks since the da vinci myomectomy. I was released from the hospital the same day, was sore for a few days, but was soon walking around and feeling good. There are 5 small incisions that are rapidly healing. I would recommend Dr. Solnik to anyone needing this type of procedure. He is truly a skilled healer. He is also supported by wonderful staff who were attentive and responsive to all of my needs and inquiries.

February 28th, 2013
Dr. Solnik is an excellent GYN surgeon. He performed a myomectomy on me and removed a total of 12 fibroids. My recovery time was very reasonable given the difficulty of the procedure and the level of complexity. He also did a great job closing the incision so that parts of it are barely noticeable. Dr. Solnik is confident, intelligent, and thorough. I would highly recommend Dr. Solnik to anybody looking for a GYN surgeon.

June 5th, 2012
amazing experience
Dr. Solnik is super fabulous! After seeing my OB/GYN and other doctors i was distraught by everyone's quickness to move me to the hysterectomy stage to remove multiple fibroids. i was more upset by the lack of options presented by other doctors only because it was not a procedure they performed. Dr. Solnik is an honest straight shooter and in this medical climate in my recent experience it was a RARE find and a breath of fresh air. All options available for my condition were discussed even if it meant a referral to another doctor. I am 7 days exactly from my da Vinci laparoscopic myomectomy and feel great. Minimal like almost NO pain, cute incisions and bothering everyone again. Please go see him! You will immediately be assured by his energy that you are in the right place. Thanks Dr. Solnik!!

April 23rd, 2012
Who can you ask better than Dr. Solnik?
I used to work as a clinical pharmacist and very careful chosen my surgent. After visited more than eight doctors who have four or higher stars rating. I pick up Dr. Solnik after my more than 18 months of search. The surgery come out sucessful except some problems cause by the hosp's nurse. He is extremely patient and caring. I do not know who can do my surgery better than him.

November 27th, 2011
Dr Solnik = fantastic surgeon!
Dr Solnik is a stellar surgeon, from start to finish. He is kind, charming, extremely knowledgeable and very skilled at what he does. He removed my 10 ...

November 2nd, 2011
Dr Solnik = excellent surgeon!
I had an 11.5 cm subserosal fibroid that Dr Solnik removed. I was under general anesthesia for the 2.5 hour laparoscopy at Cedars-Sinai and 5 hours later I was dining in a restaurant. Unbelievable. This man is a first-class surgeon - extremely knowledgeable, skilled, great communicator, charming and very respectful. The office staff is sweet. Someone in his office erred when submitting the first request for an MRI, which was then denied by Aetna. It took Solnik a peer-to-peer discussion with Aetna directly to set them straight. All in all, I would recommend Dr Solnik for any gynecological procedure - he is a great talent and a great physician.

September 28th, 2011
Skilled Surgeon with a great bedside manner
Dr. Solnik is the absolute best. I almost tear up when I think about how he saved my uterus. I consulted with 4 other highly regarded OB/GYNs affiliated with hospitals on the Westside of L.A. All of them recommended hysterectomy due to multiple fibroids.Not only is Dr. Solnik extremely competent, he is easy to talk to, makes sure that you understand all aspects of your condition and all of the options available to you.You can't ask for much more than that. Even if I don't go on to have children, I am confident that I received the best possible care and follow-up for my condition.I give Dr. Solnik my highest recommendation.