Director, Division of Urogynecology and the Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery

|  Bad experience  |  show details
by Amy on Apr 29th, 2014

Dr Solnik has very bad attitude ....doesn't listen to how I feel ... I was very sick ... He has no bedside manner!!!!i will never go to him again I'm glad that that he never performed my surgery !!!!

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Leah G. on Apr 17th, 2013

I was diagnosed with a 8.5 cm fibroid. My gynecologist told me my only option was open surgery to remove it. She did not believe I was a candidate for laparoscopic surgery based on the fibroid size. Fearing such an invasive procedure and a long recovery time, I researched different options. I came across Dr. Solnik online and was impressed by his credentials and all of his favorable reviews. At my first appointment Dr. Solnik seemed extremely knowledgeable and confident, yet he was not arrogant and took plenty of time with me to answer all of my questions. He assured me that he could safely perform the surgery laparoscopically. On the day of the surgery, Dr. Solnik had a very soothing bedside manner. He held my hand as I was going under with the anesthesia, and I felt safe, well taken care of, and like I was in the best hands. The surgery was performed at Cedars Sinai, which operates like a well oiled machine. Flash forward: It is now two weeks since the da vinci myomectomy. I was released from the hospital the same day, was sore for a few days, but was soon walking around and feeling good. There are 5 small incisions that are rapidly healing. I would recommend Dr. Solnik to anyone needing this type of procedure. He is truly a skilled healer. He is also supported by wonderful staff who were attentive and responsive to all of my needs and inquiries.

Feb 28th, 2013

Dr. Solnik is an excellent GYN surgeon. He performed a myomectomy on me and removed a total of 12 fibroids. My recovery time was very reasonable given the difficulty of the procedure and the level of complexity. He also did a great job closing the incision so that parts of it are barely noticeable. Dr. Solnik is confident, intelligent, and thorough. I would highly recommend Dr. Solnik to anybody looking for a GYN surgeon.

|  amazing experience  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

Dr. Solnik is super fabulous! After seeing my OB/GYN and other doctors i was distraught by everyone's quickness to move me to the hysterectomy stage to remove multiple fibroids. i was more upset by the lack of options presented by other doctors only because it was not a procedure they performed. Dr. Solnik is an honest straight shooter and in this medical climate in my recent experience it was a RARE find and a breath of fresh air. All options available for my condition were discussed even if it meant a referral to another doctor. I am 7 days exactly from my da Vinci laparoscopic myomectomy and feel great. Minimal like almost NO pain, cute incisions and bothering everyone again. Please go see him! You will immediately be assured by his energy that you are in the right place. Thanks Dr. Solnik!!

|  Who can you ask better than Dr. Solnik?  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

I used to work as a clinical pharmacist and very careful chosen my surgent. After visited more than eight doctors who have four or higher stars rating. I pick up Dr. Solnik after my more than 18 months of search. The surgery come out sucessful except some problems cause by the hosp's nurse. He is extremely patient and caring. I do not know who can do my surgery better than him.

|  Outstanding Care!!!!  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

Dr. Solnick performed my myomectomy in July 2011 and the care I received was nothing less than remarkable. Within 5 minutes of meeting him, I knew that I had found the right surgeon. He is very down to earth and took his time to explain my options; even options he could not perform. I never felt pressured like I did with other doctors. He even told me I could change my mind minutes before the surgery (I was very nervous).After my surgery, he was there to answer any questions I had; returning my phone calls within minutes at times. Dr. Solnick is everything you want in a surgeon. If you are considering surgery, please consider him. He is awsome!

|  Dr Solnik = excellent surgeon!  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

I had an 11.5 cm subserosal fibroid that Dr Solnik removed. I was under general anesthesia for the 2.5 hour laparoscopy at Cedars-Sinai and 5 hours later I was dining in a restaurant. Unbelievable. This man is a first-class surgeon - extremely knowledgeable, skilled, great communicator, charming and very respectful. The office staff is sweet. Someone in his office erred when submitting the first request for an MRI, which was then denied by Aetna. It took Solnik a peer-to-peer discussion with Aetna directly to set them straight. All in all, I would recommend Dr Solnik for any gynecological procedure - he is a great talent and a great physician.

|  Skilled Surgeon with a great bedside manner  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2011

Dr. Solnik is the absolute best. I almost tear up when I think about how he saved my uterus. I consulted with 4 other highly regarded OB/GYNs affiliated with hospitals on the Westside of L.A. All of them recommended hysterectomy due to multiple fibroids.Not only is Dr. Solnik extremely competent, he is easy to talk to, makes sure that you understand all aspects of your condition and all of the options available to you.You can't ask for much more than that. Even if I don't go on to have children, I am confident that I received the best possible care and follow-up for my condition.I give Dr. Solnik my highest recommendation.

|  N. Rojas  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

Dr. Solnik is my life saver. After having 2 previous diagnoses of fibroids and previous doctors didn't telling me of my other health problems, I got to see the light in the tunnel with Dr. Solnik. The 1st time I came to him, right away he requested an MRI that's where he diagnoses my other health problems. My surgery and everything has been great. His nurse Maria very helpful at all times! I highly recommend him.

Jun 28th, 2011

Dr. Solnik is an outstanding doctor. I found him to be a very compassionate and confident doctor. Everything with my surgery went well.

|  Highly Recomended  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

Dr. Solnik is a very talented,caring,ethical,extremelyKnowledgeable doctor.I am very fortunate to have him review my case and received prompt answers to my questions and possible options.I truly agree with other patients There is truly not enough one can say about Dr. Solnik.Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles truly has a priceless asset in Dr. Solnik, any Hospital in the world would be very fortunate and therefore any patient too.I highly recommend Dr. Solnik.

|  Best Doctor!  |  show details
by SC on Feb 24th, 2011

Great doctor and a great person. I recommend him highly. Solnik is very skilled and very knowledgable. I felt very safe and attended to in his care. It was a great experience working with him as his patient.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
by S.C. on Sep 13th, 2010

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Sharon on Sep 8th, 2010

I cannot say enough about this man. He is one of the best doctors that I have had the pleasure to work with. He is professional and very knowledgeable. His exams were quite gentle. He always outlined my options so I could make an informed decision about the direction of my care. He also collaborated with his colleagues to find the best options and treatments for my situation; I appreciate his willingness to do that. He was sympathetic to my situation. After my horrible experience in the Lancaster AV Hospital he was the hope I needed to overcome the tragedy I had to suffer. I am glad that my problem has been fixed, but I also feel sad as we come to the end of my treatment. I do not think he will ever realize the hope and peace he brought to both my husband and myself. It is hard to know there is such a great doctor out there like Dr. Solnik, and not be able to keep receiving care from him

|  fantastic doctor  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2009

Dr Solnik is a highly adept surgeon with impeccable surgical skills and fantastic bedside manner. Doctors like him come along once in a lifetime.

Feb 17th, 2009