Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist

2.0

Apr 30th, 2015

My appt. was horrible, she was passive aggressive and mean. I'm felt like crying. I have never had a doctor do this before.

Great doctor, less great office hours show details Great doctor, less great office hours
Feb 9th, 2015

I saw this doctor for a couple of years and she was one of my favorites. While her appointments usually run at least 15 minutes late, once I got into her office she was always 100% engaged. The office hours are poor (3 days a week in the afternoon/evening only), but I made time to see her because she always gave me her undivided attention when we sat down to talk. Her staff was great with calling in my prescriptions and always returned my calls. Every Sunday I recieved a reminded call about my upcoming appointment that week.

not good show details not good
Sep 15th, 2014

She is very smart, but not good bedside manner. She does not care for her patients, and does not want anyone bothering her outside office hours with any medical problems. She is only open 3 days a week so it is hard to get an appointment. Her staff is also not good at calling in perscriptions.

Worst experience ever show details Worst experience ever
by Nancy on Jul 18th, 2014

She not only has a terrible bedside manner, but she has terrible employees that NEVER return phone calls. My pharmacy has been trying to get in touch with her for THREE WEEKS. I'm now out of medication and obviously going to a new doctor, but seriously, how could you let a patient go off of their meds because you're neglecting to speak to the pharmacy or let her make an appointment? How is that even ethical?

Best of the Best show details Best of the Best
by John Spinner on Jan 24th, 2013

I was so pleased to have found Dr. Berk that I'm even willing to use my real name. Anyone that had the ability to treat a depression as deep as mine was deserves high praise. By the way her address is 6464 Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood, where I understand she has practiced for many, many years. Thanks so much for your help and true understanding Dr. Berk :)

Best Doc Around.... show details Best Doc Around....
by John Spinner on Jan 24th, 2013

I never really liked doctors and only ever went when there was no choice. Dr. Berk is an extremely rare exception and the best I could ever hope for when it came to being understood and dealing with my sever depression. I am so happy to have found her I was even willing to use my real name :) Thanks Doc

RIDICULOUS-- Don't even bother! show details RIDICULOUS-- Don't even bother!
Mar 22nd, 2012

I was looking for a new psychiatrist in my area. I made an appointment to see Dr. Burke. I did not receive a reminder phone call, so I called to confirm the date of my appointment. I received a call back and was told that I had missed my appointment-- I had put it down as the wrong day, apparently. HOWEVER, the staff said that a confirmation phone message and email were sent to me-- NEITHER of which I received. They told me that if I wanted to see Dr. Berk, I'd have to pay $300 for a missed appointment fee. The staff tried to get her to waive the fee, but couldn't. There's NO WAY I would pay $300 to see a doctor I'd never met. (My Blue Cross copay would have been $15.) Her business practice alone was enough to turn me off. I'm glad I'm not wasting my time on this lady!

horrible doctor! please do not see Dr. Judith Mondry Berk!!!! show details horrible doctor! please do not see Dr. Judith Mondry Berk!!!!
Jul 13th, 2011

I've been seeing her for over a year and a half for moderate depression and the whole experience has been horrid. First off she does not take insurance except for 15 minute consultation - Second, if you cancel your appt. within 48 hours, you get charged 150.00 not negotiable! third, the parking situation is horrible by and around her office, most times you end up waiting in the teeny tiny waiting room because she is running late, be prepared to feed the meters on hollywood boulevard which now extend til 8pm. i have waited in her teeny tiny waiting room for up to an hour. if you leave and try to reschedule, guess what? you get charged 150.00.but worst offense of all is that if you call her with a serious problem she does not respond AT ALL. i called her office line as well as an after hours line for 2 days straight, left 4 messages total. i was having a serious adverse reaction with the medication she prescribed. finally i got a call back, but it wasn't from her, it was from her receptionist!! when i protested and asked for the 'real doctor' to kindly call me back so i can get actual professional advise, she said she would leave her a message. no call back was ever received. the worst customer service i have ever experienced from any doctor handsdown. needless to say i have stopped seeing her and urge you not to seek counseling from this woman!!

Dr. Judith Mondry-Berk Scammer Crook Thief sleazeball show details Dr. Judith Mondry-Berk Scammer Crook Thief sleazeball
by chief230 on Mar 24th, 2009

This doctor is running a medical scam. She will ask you to pay with your credit card, and then when she submits your claim and gets paid by your insurance comapany, she will not refund your payment. 5 months later, we are still trying to get our money back. Stay away, and if you end up visiting her DO NOT PAY WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD.