Urologist, urologic surgeon

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dec 1st, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, I felt compelled to add my review. Dr. Murphy is a good doctor and very comfortable to be around. Her diagnosis and treatment are on point, easy to follow, and thorough. Wait time is horrible. i call before my appointments to find out how back logged they are and adjust my arrival time accordingly. I have found this typical of any specialist. The receptionist at the Westfield office could use a lesson in professionalism or get out of the medical field.

Extreme rudeness at Westfield office. show details Extreme rudeness at Westfield office.
May 17th, 2013

I was treated extremely rude by the receptionist at the Westfield office today....I waited over an hour for an adjustment to my bladder stimulator...only to find that the person who was to adjust the device was never told I was waiting in the office. I had asked the receptionist twice how much longer I would have to wait and was given no answer. I even told her I would have to leave soon and she shrugged her shoulder at me. How can such an uncaring person be allowed to work in the office??

Good once you make it to the inner sanctum! show details Good once you make it to the inner sanctum!
Nov 27th, 2012

After waiting 75 mi uses on first visit dr. Murphy was very nice and took her time with me. Second visit I brought a book with me and waited 60 minutes. Just wish the reception area had more comfy chairs!!

former patient show details former patient
Oct 11th, 2012

Dr and staff was constantly too busy for any of my needs. Simple transfer of medical records took 4 phone calls. No bedside manner. Apparently if you have google there is no need to go to the doctor - as dr murphy told me to "google" my diagnosis. bad -

Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr. Murphy is a warm and caring physician with a wonderful bedside manner. She is thorough in collecting data about the patient, and she is an excellent diagnostician. My only criticism is that the time in the waiting room is just too long.

Jul 3rd, 2012

The office wait time is more than 1 hour. The staff is rude. I went for a test and was never told beforehand how invasive the procedure would be. This was done in her office. The staff told me to drink water when I got there and never told me where to get the water. Dr Murphy did the test and didn't warn me what to expect as she was doing it. I left feeling physically terrible and had to go right to work. If I were forewarned, I would have taken the rest of the day off from work. Unfortunately,I wasn't able to get the time off at such short notice. My next scheduled office visit, the staff called and cancelled my appointment. They rescheduled me and then I had to cancel the next appointment. The staff informed me that Dr. Murphy charges a cancellation fee of $50.00 unless you give 24 hour notice. I told them that if their answering service had answered the phone, I would have given 24 hours notice. I also told them that when Dr. Murphy has me waiting 2 hours, I am going to charge her for my time.I have never experienced such a horrible medical practice. i highly recommend that you stay away!!!!!

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Oct 14th, 2011

The only problem with seeing her is waiting in the office to see her.

Apr 15th, 2011