Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
A more friendly, caring style would go a long way. show details A more friendly, caring style would go a long way.
Jan 26th, 2015

A more friendly, caring style would go a long way to make this a better place to go for treatment. The morale here is low and it makes it kind of a dreary work environment without many smiles.

Mistake After Mistake show details Mistake After Mistake
by R. S. on Apr 4th, 2014

I was completely misdiagnosed. Horrible.

Long time patient - outstanding diagnostician show details Long time patient - outstanding diagnostician
by Judy on Sep 4th, 2013

I have gone to Dr Frazee since he started in Plano (mid-80s). He is the guy you want when there is trouble. Office is organized with monitors in each rum that the techs update as you go through. He diagnosed a macular hole in my eye after many years, set me up with the retinal specialist immediately. The retinal specialist was impressed that he caught it so soon. He is very efficient. You may not want to be married to him, but you do want him for your doctor or surgeon. He is brisk, but very thorough. I have never had any problems at all in the 25 years he has been my ophthalmologist. He is now in Carrollton, which is much close to me. .

Busy, but thorough show details Busy, but thorough
by New Patient on Aug 5th, 2013

Dr. Frazee is a wonderful physician. He isn't the kind of guy to try to hold your hand through an examination or sugar coat a diagnosis. He is very up front and honest. His staff makes up for his slight lack of personality. Wonderful experience!

Staff in Plano esp Refraction show details Staff in Plano esp Refraction
Jul 30th, 2013

Arrogant and does not have Customer Service.

My eye doc for 23 years!!! show details My eye doc for 23 years!!!
by BG on Feb 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Frazee since I moved to TX. In 2002, I had an issue with swelling around my eyes. I thought it was allergies so I went to an allergist - nothing worked so I went to Dr. Frazee. It took Dr. Frazee about 2 seconds of looking at my eyes to diagnose the problem - Grave's Disease. Confirmed by a blood test and Dr. Frazee personally got on the phone with a neuro-ophthalmologist and got me into that specialist within a few days. He saved my eyesight!

Nov 10th, 2012

Very impressed with Dr. frazee and entire staff. His knowledge helped diagnose another issue that has been undiagnosed my entire life.

Bad experience show details Bad experience
Sep 17th, 2012

I have been to Dr. Frazee four times. The first one was okay. The second three (one visit planned, two follow-ups) were a nightmare. He has someone else ask you questions about your eyes and health, then doesn't even look at what they wrote as far as I could tell. He not only cost me time and a great deal of money, but---worst of all--caused me eye trouble as a result of his treatment. I told him I would not return, and then got a letter (this part is funny) from him "firing" me as a patient. I would never recommend this practice.

The Eye Factory show details The Eye Factory
Sep 6th, 2012

Dr. Frazee has about a dozen young female techs that do all the diagnostic tasks, which in my case, included giving me the news that I had glaucoma. I would have expected that information to come directly from the doctor, not a young tech. I saw this as extremely unprofessional and I felt sorry for the tech, who seemed surprised that I didn't already know. I will search for another ophthalmologist, one who isn't afraid to talk to patients.

Efficient and thorough care show details Efficient and thorough care
Dec 12th, 2011

Our whole family uses Dr. Frazee and we have been extremely satisfied. We all have different issues but Dr. Frazee is always thorough in his exams and fully explains what is going on. We couldn't be happier.

Sep 1st, 2011

I would never recomend Dr. Lewis Frazee to anyone. My daughter and I were new patients and he did not even introduce him to us. His staff was pleasent but he was indifferent. If I had questions about my eyes or my daughters I would not have felt comfortable asking him. His bed side manner was non existent. The wait time for a routine exam was over 2 hours. I will not return to him or anyoine in his office for anything. I am sorry I gave him my business this time. I will never make that mistake again.

Knows his stuff a little short with patients show details Knows his stuff a little short with patients
May 9th, 2011

Took time to catch a retinal vein occulsion while happening. Sent me to a specialsist for steriod injection in the eye ugh.

Aug 6th, 2010

Dr Frazee has many complains, he uses his clinic like an assembly line, no qualified RN, I had my eyes checked by one of his other doctor that is too old to practice because mine had quited and we were not told, HE GUESSED THE STRENGH OF MY BIFOCALS,because they wanted me to pay TWICE for a repeated EXAMEN that could not be done the first toem for the imcompetence of the tech.Frazee is money hungry and a poor doctor.

May 24th, 2010

I am SO lucky to have found Dr. Frazee. If you are looking for a sappy, sweet sugar coating kind of doctor, this one isn't for you. Yes, he is not fuzzy wuzzy, but the man knows his stuff and is a straight-to-the-point kind of guy. Dr. Frazee is one of the best physician choices I have ever made. I have gotten my mother to start seeing him as well as my boyfriend's mother. Dr. Frazee is awesome.. I will miss him the day he retires!

Confrontational with staff show details Confrontational with staff
by nimdae on Jan 13th, 2010

I'm sure Dr. Frazee is a good ophthalmologist, but his demeanor with his staff was less than stellar. It seemed communication was very confrontational, and if something wasn't going his way, his temper got the better of him. For the most part, he remained professional with me, but not necessarily in front of me.I would not recommend this doctor to others. I was not comfortable in his office after meeting him. Unfortunately, according to my insurance, ophthalmologist are few and far between.

by Flip on Apr 18th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Had an eye problem on a Sunday, called him and he came to my rescue, on a Sunday!!! Excellent Dr. You get in and out. Has excellent staff!!

by expatient on Dec 5th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I prefer a doctor who can control his temper. I should have known better than to keep my appointment when I heard him from the waiting room screaming at someone on his staff. Very disappointing experience all around.

Jan 22nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Frazee is the best! Up to date equipment and test. Uses the computer and understands techie eye strain.