Obstetricians & Gynecologists

Spectrum Women's Healthcare
637 Lucas Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(877) 492-4463
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
by Amber C on Apr 10th, 2014

This is my first baby and Dr. Dwight was my first prenatal care giver. I visited this doctor from 8 weeks to 24 weeks and I will say that he is very personable and made me feel comfortable. At every monthly visit I received an ultrasound. Being a first timer I thought that this was a bit excessive. A few friends with children even said it wasn't normal to have so many ultrasounds. I figured that maybe with the way technology was advancing, it became necessary to have an ultrasound ever appointment. Time pasted and appointment after appointment seemed routine. Really routine. I felt like I was never getting any new information on my baby. No measurements, no heart rate, no growth or development updates. Only "everything looks good". Appointments were lasting 10 minutes max and I always felt like I was missing something, but of course I didn’t know what it should be like considering this is my first rodeo. On top of stagnant appointments the routine ultra sounds were highly disappointing. I didn't understand the purpose of showing me a staticy monitor and then printing out a picture of it as if that made it any clearer. I could see nothing on screen and nothing on print. His reasoning was that at 16 weeks you can't see much because of where the baby is positioned. That same excuse carried into the 20th week and the 24th week. At that point I knew something was amiss. I scheduled an appointment with an ultrasound clinic days after my appointment with Dwight and got an awesome visual of my little one, they even gave me a gender confirmation that I could actually see. Dr. Dwight couldn't get me a visual of this and gave me a 80% chance it was one gender every visit. At this point I wanted to see what else is out there. I was hesitant to switch because of all the great reviews I read about this guy but it took a push from my fiancé to wake up. he said that this guy may work for other people but this is about your experience, if you feel like you aren't getting everything you need there is no harm in looking. I visited a new doctor in Chino who is closer to my house and got a lot of great information. Unfortunately this office shed some like of what Dr Dwight and his office were lacking. My new doctor questioned the medical records I brought over from Dr. Dwight's office. She wondered why there was no ultrasound report. Ultra sound report? I had no idea what that was. She said its the size and growth measurements of the baby and it's organs. She said there should at least be one to ensure proper development. I told her I have done an ultrasound with his office 6 times, there should be a report. After my appointment I called Dr. Dwight's office and asked about ultrasound reports. The receptionist put me on hold then returned with Dr. Dwight doesn't perform these reports. THIS DOCTOR HAS NO IDEA HOW MY BABY IS DEVELOPING... is all that answer means to me. I was very disappointed. Here are my pros and cons of Dr. Dwight and his office: Pros: Kind, tells funny stories, personable, made me feel comfortable Cons: Doesn't remember things you told him at your last appointment, not attentive, always seems rushed, doesn't offer any information, constantly pushing tests and 3d ultra sounds (Must get a referral fee), Staff never has the proper forms, staff never answers the phone(on hold for 15 plus minutes), appointments feel stagnant. I would hate to assume that this doctor was charging my insurance for a job that was not being fulfilled. A lot was left desired and I am very happy I switched. I was told by him that his practice focuses on older women with high risk pregnancies and that I was his youngest patient. I would think a Dr. That deals with high risk pregnancies would have more precautionary procedures than staring at fuzzy screens. I take me being the youngest as being the most naive, and he felt that he could get away with the bare minimum. I feel cheated. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone I know. The lesson I learned was to not take an HMO doctor when you have a PPO. All they see is cash. -Amber C.

|  LOVE HIM!  |  show details
by Patti Renick on Nov 8th, 2013

Dr Dwight has the BEST bedside manner, he is a wonderful resource and a great doctor. I was referred to him by a friend who feels the same way. I found him after I had my babies and for that I am sad because I would have loved to have him deliver my children. He is never rushed, he spends time talking to me, commenting on things I said a year ago, he must take notes because he always remembers the details of my personal life. It is so thoughtful that he asks follow up questions from my last visit. He has a gentle, lovely energy and he is positive and upbeat. Literally the best doctor I have ever had.

|  BEST DOCTOR  |  show details
by Sylvia K on Aug 2nd, 2013

I never thought that I would meet a Doctor that fully understands the Patient's needs and spends time explaining until you feel comfortable. You can be assured that Dr. Dwight will make the Best choices. I have 3 children all delivered by Dr. Dwight. He delivered my 3 BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY Children by C-Section. Dr. Dwight did EXCELLENT JOB!!! I know that most people dread going to see OBGYN. Trust me, you won't feel like that anymore with Dr. Dwight. Very Friendly and Courteous to you needs and fears.

|  The BEST OB!!!  |  show details
by JS on Nov 4th, 2012

I did my research and interviewed MANY doctors and finally found Dr Dwight through a friend referral. My husband and I couldn't be happier! He spends as much time as we need, never making us feel like we are asking dumb questions or taking too much time. He always makes us feel at ease and safe. We completely trust Dr Dwight and are thrilled he's our OB as this is our first child and we have a lot of weird AND normal questions. He also called me within 30 minutes (non-emergency) after I called with a silly question and again, he was happy to answer my questions. He's A

|  Great OB/Gyn  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

I generally look for a female Ob/Gyn but went to Dr. Dwight because of his high ratings. They are well deserved, his bedside manner is excellent, and he follows up with his patients which seems to be rare these days.

by Margarita S. on Apr 23rd, 2011

When I first started seeing Dr. Dwight I was a few weeks pregnant with my first child. He was so professional, caring, dedicated, friendly, etc... (the list goes on) that we ended up naming our son Marco after him. Then our second one came, and he was right there, all along whenever and whatever needs, questions, concerns, we would have, we could always count on him. Now my kids are 8 and 6 years old, and I still look forward to my annual visit with Dr. Dwight. I have even approached him with questions and/or concerns that are unrelated to his field, but still he will take the time and always give me a great referral. Needless to say, both , my husband and I think very highly of him and would recommend him with our eyes closed.

|  The Best  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2011

One of the kindest Dr.'s ever. Completely professional. I can't wait till he delivers my baby

|  " A-List Doctor"  |  show details
by Fatima Van Der Schyff on Feb 5th, 2011

Dr Dwight is a wonderful doctor. He is super efficient, easy to talk to, professional but humble manner. Dr Dwight did an amazing job on my C-Section delivery. I had minimal pain after surgery and were walking the halls of the hospital in less than 24 hours. My cut is also nice and low with minimal visibility. I was happy to find out afterwards that Dr Dwight also delivered Lourdes - Madonna's daughter at Good Sam Hospital 15 years ago. Definitely my "A" List doctor.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2010

Dr. Dwight just delivered our baby about two weeks ago. I came to him at 34 weeks because I was wanting to attempt a V-BAC. My other doctor was not supportive and he was just the opposite. He was honest, supportive, encouraging and realistic. In the end, I was able to successfully deliver our baby vaginally and it is because of his calm, comforting demeanor. He is fantastic and I could not say enough positive things about him and his practice. Highly recommended!!!!

|  Best Dr in LA  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2010

Dr. Dwight is the Best Dr. I've known. I changed Ob's when I was 7 months pregnant. Dr Dwight Supported my wishes of having a natural birth after a Csection.. Ican't say all the great things he did for me and I can't thank him enough for supporting me.. I feel like I love this Dr. besides a great Dr he is amazing person.. I'm lucky I found him just in time before I had another unnecesarean

|  Best doctor  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2010

Dr. Dwight returns calls promptly and many times personally. He shows that he cares about his patients and ensures that patients are comfortable. Also, he invests in his office and has high-tech equiptment. His team of nurses and staff are always courteous and take the time to get to know you. I interviewed 5 doctors before selecting Dr. Dwight and his team. They were, by far, the most professional and caring team.

|  Excellent Doc  |  show details
by Deborah on Aug 20th, 2010

Hands Up... Dr. Dwight is the best OB/GYN in the City of Angels! He's intelligent (and treats you like you are too), he's kind, caring, compassionate, understanding, thorough and takes as much time with you as is needed (no rush-rush-rush)... He's the BEST!

Aug 13th, 2010

Dr. Dwight is an exceptional doctor. The minute he walks through the door of the examination room, he makes you feel like you are the only patient on his calender that day. He is patient, warm, thorough and very communicative. The kind of care her provides is how all doctors should be, but so few are.

|  author Michael Malloy healing for your credit  |  show details
by doc a at Insider Pages on Jul 20th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

bbb top rated- The Credit Physician Ranked 1 restoration for your credit, we made it to 750 it was a miracle

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Best Doctor in Town!!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2010

So caring, so dedicated, so smart, so thorough. It took me so long to find him, so glad I did. Had all my children with him. (Great staff too.)

|  Hands Down the Best Doctor in Los Angeles  |  show details
by Sophie's Mom on Apr 4th, 2010

Dr. Dwight was recommended to us by our dear friend. From the first visit, we felt he cares about his patients and his work. We felt assured and advised through the entire pregnancy. Our girl was smoothly delivered by Dr. Dwight in 2003. I wish all the doctors were like Dr. Dwight. We can't imagine going to any other OBGYN after Dr. Dwight. He is the best!!!

|  Brilliant and caring OB  |  show details
by Anna - Culver City on Feb 23rd, 2010

I first got referred to Dr. Dwight in 2002 with my #2 pregnancy resulting in healthy 9-lbs baby in 2003. It was the most peaceful and enjoyable experience of my medical history because this doctor was very attentive to any changes in my condition and was very gentle & positive while communicating his conclusions to my husband and I. Dr. Dwight is very thorough in diagnosing any issues. I opted to be in his care again with my #3 child in 2005 and had a fantastic, quick delivery in 2006. Now I am expecting my #4 in May under his care. Not only does this doctor know his patients' cases like the back of his hand, but he is also precise in recognizing new issues and does not just go by the book. He lets you know all your options and gets back to you promptly. While in labor, he makes you feel at ease, as if you just had a routine workout with your personal trainer. What a gift! I strongly recommend Dr. Dwight to any expectant mom.

|  great doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 4th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Dwight was my doctor back in 1998. I was apprehensive to have a male doctor. He was so good, very nice, very professional, and very comp...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  love him  |  show details
by Luba on Apr 9th, 2009

He delivered my baby. It looked like magic, "here is your banny" I mean baby. Very professional service.

Jan 28th, 2009

Dr. Dwight is the best.

|  Most knowledgeable, competent, and caring doctor with the best bedside manner  |  show details
by AndieNJB at Citysearch on Oct 1st, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Dwight has been my OBGYN since 2003. I first met him when I was 8 months pregnant with my first baby. I was nervous, because I had just moved from out of state at such a late point in my pregnancy. He sat with me at his desk for an hour and a half to discuss my pregnancy, before even beginning the examination. He was completely willing to adhere to my birth plan no continuous fetal monitoring, free to walk around and eat during labor, etc.. I ended up having a serious complication and needed a c-section really needed one -- not one of the many unnecessary ones performed these days. He was extremely skilled, competent, and I firmly believe he saved both my baby`s life and mine. Four years later, I decided to have another baby. This time I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Dwight from the beginning. He was very attentive, caring, and he strongly encouraged me to try for a VBAC if my body would cooperate. In the end, it wasn`t in the cards. I had my second healthy baby via c-section. However, I really appreciated not only Dr. Dwight`s willingness to let me try a VBAC, but his insistence on it. If you`re looking for an OB that is willing to let your body do what it was meant to do, yet able to competently and effectively intervene when necessary, all with a good bedside manner, then Dr. Dwight is your man.

by AndieNJB on Oct 1st, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Dwight has been my OB/GYN since 2003. I first met him when I was 8 months pregnant with my first baby. I was nervous, because I had just moved from out of state at such a late point in my pregnancy. He sat with me at his desk for an hour and a half

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Can't imagine having a baby with any other doctor!  |  show details
by Becky on Jul 12th, 2008

Dr. Dwight is incredible. He is so caring and attentive. He returns phone calls almost immediately and always puts all your concerns to rest. His office hours are wonderful, I always got early morning appointments and wasn't even late for work! The staff is all great and you feel at home with them. I can't say enough good things, he is the best!

Jul 9th, 2008

Dr. Dwight instills confidence. He is warm, caring and present. I never feel rushed or that I have asked too many questions. I am so thankful to have found him.

|  FANTASTIC doctor!  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2008

Dr. Dwight is a fantastic physician! Clinically, he is excellent. And his bedside manner is superb-- he listens, and always has enough time (and I'm a Type A patient who always comes in with long lists). His staff is also very attentive and friendly.

|  The best & most caring doctor  |  show details
by hungryhyena at Citysearch on Jun 16th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Dwight for about 4 years now and I can`t say how nice it is to finally have a physician that returns your phone calls and takes time with you during your office visit, as opposed of being \"\"one foot in, one foot out the door.\"\" He even held my hand before a procedure and I just wish more doctors were like him. I almost didn`t go because I didn`t want to see a male obgyn, but I`m sooooo glad that I did. Keep in mind that an obgyn`s office are almost never on time, because they do have births to attend to that don`t necessarily stick with their daily schedule. I refer all my friends to Dr. Dwight because I know he will take great care of them and I get thanked for the referal from those that I`ve sent in to see him.

by hungryhyena on Jun 16th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Dwight for about 4 years now and I can't say how nice it is to finally have a physician that returns your phone calls and takes time with you during your office visit, as opposed of being "one foot in, one foot out the door."