Mark W Surrey MD Patient Reviews

March 11th, 2016
Terrible!
I had a horrible time here in terms of scheduling, getting prescriptions, and contacting staff. I never knew which doctor I would be talking to which i found frustrating. everyone knew the old joke about a camel being a horse put together by committee, well I just didn't see having a good outcome here. He pressured me into donor eggs right away and I wasn't interested in that. We were never going to be on the same page.

November 10th, 2015
Horrible human being.
After some tests (HSG etc) Dr Surrey told us we could never get pregnant naturally, that the only way we could possibly conceive was through IVF. We decided not to, 2 months later, we were pregnant with our now 6 month old daughter.

April 17th, 2014
Dr. Surrey is a GREAT doctor, who also has a nice, friendly, competent staff. He was very reassuring, and at the same time very honest, during a rather long road we had to having a family. Now we are overjoyed with three wonderful kids, thanks to Dr. Surrey and his staff! We highly recommend Dr. Surrey and SCRC.

August 17th, 2013
Excellent experience
Our experience with Dr. Surrey was excellent. He gave us all of the information we needed to make the important decisions that faced us. He is a brilliant physician with a wealth of experience and knowledge that gives his patients every possible advantage. I appreciated his no straight forward approach. His nursing staff is also top notch. My nurse became a huge source of support throughout the process.

July 16th, 2013
Dr. Surrey have made our dreams come true. I had low ovarian reserve and high FSH and at 38 years old, we didn't seem to have many options.

We really had very little hope that I could get pregnant but Dr. Surrey diligently worked with me and my husband to diagnose my issues and come up with a plan of action.  We tried a few different protocols, all of which were tailored to how I responded to the medications and treatments.

I am happy to say we now have a beautiful healthy son. Other fertility doctors wouldn't have spent the time on my case that Dr. Surrey did and would have immediately recommended donor eggs. Dr. Surrey was patient and worked with us to find the right protocol that worked for me and we are so grateful.

May 2nd, 2013
I live in the valley and saw a doctor in thousand oaks. I did one year of treatments,insemination, two invitro cycles and ended up with another miscarriage. I came to doctor Surrey and did genetic implementation of my embryos which were abnormal and caused the previous miscarriages. I conceived and preserved another embryo for future pregnancy. Had this been done a year prior I wouldn't have had the financial and emotional distress. Dr. Surrey was amazing, compassionate and understanding; spent a tremendous amount of time with my husband and explaining everything in such great detail. His staff was just as wonderful. He is the only doctor i would recommend. He is the reason i have my beautiful son today all because of Dr. Surrey, he made my miracle baby a realty!

February 25th, 2012
I don't know whether the people who posted these awful ratings are referring to the same Dr mark Surrey at 450N Roxbury Dr.!? We travelled all the way from europe after learning that he was the best IVF doctor in the US. He walked us through the entire process and we agreed to go ahead. he personally called several times in the evening from his private phone in order to see how things were going and we in turn could reach him 24/7 with questions we had. He, his staff and everyone at the clinic could not have been more couteous to us. They helped with insurance issues and even helped us qualify for a test with the pharmaceutical manufacturer of the treatments, so we got some of the cost reimbursed. We have two lovely children thanks firstly to god and Dr. Surrey-this should speak for itself!

June 8th, 2011
I went to Dr. Surrey's office and had a pleasant experience. Our outcome was positive and thank God we now have a beautiful daughter. He and his staff took us through the various procedures we had to go through to accomplish our goal. Someone always helped me with my questions and informed me about many things I wasn't aware of. Because of the nature of the service he provides(reasons why people have the need to go to him) I think there is probably an effort to not give false hope. We are talking about the tremendeous process of IVF and all the variables involved. Not to mention that each couple is different. I plan to see him again for our second.

February 14th, 2011
Dr. Surrey was extremely caring and expressed genuine concern thru two pregnancies and a total historectomy many years later. He performed a surgerythat 2 other doctors said was impossible.The results were trouble free and I feel great and have excellent feelings about him as a specialist.

July 28th, 2010
I did a lot of research before choosing to go with Dr. Surrey and his clinic. I actually traveled all the way from Northern California because I wanted to invest my money and time with the best clinic with the highest success rates for older women (I was 40 at the time). I have nothing but positive things to say. First... I was very lucky and had a successful cycle my first go at it. I only had one egg and a 15% chance of success - but I truly believe doing the PGD and having skilled people handling my embryo (blastocyst) and implantation lead to my success. I now have a beautiful and healthy 16 month old baby girl! Without Dr. Surrey and his clinic - she would not be here!I also have to comment on how wonderful - and I want to stress - wonderful all of Dr. Surrey's staff were. They always took my call, answered my million and one questions - got back to me in a timely manner and held my hand through-out every anxious and stress filled experience.As for other people's comments about his attitude... I have this to say... I want the best. The one with the highest success rates and experience. During the IVF cycle you don't spend a lot of time with a doctor. And when you need help - you work with the staff who are there to support (while consulting with the doctor). I wasn't hiring him as a friend, I was hiring him to get me pregnant - and have a baby. And that he did!

April 20th, 2010
to have a baby is a gift...and having the gift of a dr that knows his stuff is most important.... he is the best

July 23rd, 2009
A review long overdue
Dr. Mark W. Surrey is an Earthly GOD who gives spiritual children a physical body through fertility treatment, for couples in their quest for the most precious gift of all, a Baby! He has the Midas Touch! Dr. Surrey, I will see you at your Nobel Prize Award party."h"