Dr. Penny West MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Grand Prairie, TX

• Good
  • Bad

March 22nd, 2016
Dr. West may take longer with each patient thus run somewhat behind. Get a book and read . She is so thorough, it is sometimes a bit of a wait. It's worth it. She is very professional and personable. She is also very direct. I like these qualities, personally. I have been a patient for about ten years, and appreciate Dr. West and her staff.

August 13th, 2015
Just doesn't care...
This Dr. doesn't care about her patients at least that is how I felt. Not only was I very sick but felt like I was a burden to her.

April 23rd, 2015
Appointment
Actually, I never got to see Dr. West but I wanted to share the following; when I called the office today to make an appointment I was asked what day I wanted to come in and which insurance. When I asked if Dr. West was accepting new patients, the clerk then asked how old I was (not sure why this would matter) and I answered"53", she then said "hold on" and shortly after, a different clerk picked up the phone asking if she could help me and when I told her I was trying to make an appointment, she said Dr. West wasn't accepting new patients. I told her that that wasn't what the previous clerk had indicated and all she said was I sorry ma'am. Something amiss with this office.

March 27th, 2015
I LOVE DR WEST!!! Today was my first visit with her and I am thoroughly impressed!!! She spent more than my share of time with me and I didn't feel the least not rushed!!! She asked so many questions and was so detailed and so informative... she is EXACTLY what the DOCTOR ordered!!! Good knowledgeable seasoned doctor who tells it like it is and that is GENUINE!!! SHE was born to be a doctor...her passion shows through her gift!!!!!

February 21st, 2014
Excellent Doctor
I feel very fortunate to have Dr. West as my primary care physician.

February 8th, 2014
If you want a doctor who dismisses your past medical history and treatment and wants to rewrite it from the day you request a refill on medications which have proven effective, as demonstrated by blood work showing your medications keep you in good health; if you want a doctor who challenges former therapeutic treatment when it runs counter to her own ideas about post-menopausal health, based on the latest studies (insinuating my previous physician didn’t keep up with her readings), and starts a startling and escalating harangue touting decisions she and her female friends made as a testimony of the superiority of her program; if you want a doctor who scheduled a thorough examination after the blood test results were in but didn’t do because “she didn’t have time”, yet insists on 4 month schedule of blood work, oblivious to the fact that not once in seven months has she performed a thorough examination; in other words, if you want a doctor who seems obsessed with blood work without ever displaying the basic skills you expect from an internist, then Dr. West is your doctor.

April 10th, 2013
Patient
I absolutely Love Dr. West! She has been my Dr. for the past 8yrs. She is very knowledgable, patient, attentive and most of all she listen and hears me.

March 28th, 2012
wonderful doctor

April 11th, 2011
VIRGIE HARDING
DR WEST IS AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR!!!!!I AM FIFTY TWO YEARS YOUNG AND HAS BEEN UNDER HER CARE FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS.WE NEED MORE DOCTORS TO BE LIKE HER.SHE IS THE BEST!!!!

September 11th, 2010
As Family medicine doctors go Dr. West is in the top 10% She has excellent bedside manner and asks good questions. The only hit I have is that her practice has gotten so busy that it is loosing its cozy feel and getting more of a "business" feel to it.

July 15th, 2016