Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
Not like the ride in the cattle car show details Not like the ride in the cattle car
by Don on Apr 22nd, 2015

This is a great doctor if you can only get in to see him. I have had him as a doctor for years and I am happy with his work but I absolutely hate the office he works in. Every step of the way through this place you feel like someone is going to pull out a cattle prod and move you along if you stall out anywhere in "their process". A bunch of rude and condescending people run this place. First of all you walk and you always have to wait 15-30 minutes for your appointment. Then you see someone who is just a staff person to get all your tests. Then they herd you out to another waiting room that is sometimes standing room in the back which is very cramped and crowded. Then the doctor finally shows up and takes you back into the patient room. You are lucky if you get 5 minutes with him. If you bring up any other topics to discuss, you can see in his body language that you are "stopping the machine" that is the M.O. for Dallas Eye Associates. Well they have a system down and apparently it is a money maker for them but I am going to try to switch doctors just because of this office. By the way, don't try to get them to call you or acknowledge you exist if you have any follow on questions after you walk out the door. I am today looking for other doctors . Looks like I will have to go to Denton because they pretty much have the market in Lewisville/Flower Mound sewed up. Signed - not liking the cattle car.

Very upsetting and disappointing show details Very upsetting and disappointing
by Amy on Feb 21st, 2015

Very inconsiderate, rude, unprofessional staff. You wait more than 40 minutes until one of the doctor's assistant will call you into the exam room where you spend no more than 5 to 8 minutes, they don't even listen to you. They don't care because it's all about money. When you finally get to see the doctor, he is as unprofessional as his staff. Do not go there.

Very Disgusted show details Very Disgusted
by Carol on Feb 7th, 2014

If you don’t mind being called the day prior to your scheduled procedure to be there 30 minutes earlier, and then sit WAITING WAITING WAITING for almost 4 hours for a YAG Laser Capsulotomy (a 2 minute procedure) while Dr. Eleff is doing all cataract surgeries first, and you eventually learn this has been standard practice for him for months and that he has been told by Staff that patients are leaving mad and upset, thenm by all means, go right ahead and see Dr. Elieff. Not only was I inconvenienced by the long wait but so was my friend who drove me. I left without getting the procedure, not knowing how much longer it would be. Now I have to start all over to look for someone to take care of this problem with the hazing in my eyes. Because my right eye is so bad I am terrified to drive and have to depend on others to take me places such as the grocery store or run errands for me. It has been 4 days, with no apology from Dr. Elieff or his office. Very inconsiderate, unprofessional and uncaring. I recommend Dr. Elieff to no one.

The best show details The best
by shirley harris on Jan 15th, 2014

Dr Elieff is one of a kind. I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes and his office is so organized, prompt and very considerate. He even calls you at nite after the surgery to check on you. That is above and beyond what I would expect. I have been going to him for about 14 years and so have all my family. We find his office very up on all your needs. His medical staff can usually answer any question for you.

Care and Service Diminished Over the Years show details Care and Service Diminished Over the Years
by Wendy on May 31st, 2013

I have been an established patient of Dr. Elieff's for multiple years and he has been the opthamologist who treated and managed my dry eye during this time. This last visit I was surprised to learn that even though I am established patient that my appointment was cancelled to reschedule me with another provider because Dr. Elieff would not do a "new" contact fitting on me. We encountered the same problem with my daughter a week earlier and were told at her appointment with Dr. Snook that she should not have been transferred to Dr. Snook as she was an established patient of Dr. Elieff. During her appointment a week before a technician, not the doctor did the eye exam and the contact exam / fitting for her. It did not take any substantial additional time and the technician put her in the exact same contacts as she already had. I am offended that as an established patient that the technician's time (15 minutes tops) could not be incorporated to ensure that after I arrived for my appointment that I could have been seen and the eye exam and contact exam administered appropriately. Instead, my time was wasted and my business as a patient not valued. When I called to schedule my appointment over three weeks ago the scheduler checked to ensure that the contact exam could be done and my appointment was confirmed by a second scheduler a week before my appointment. If there was a problem with my receiving the care I needed then they should have told me this and scheduled me accordingly before my husband arranged time off from work to watch our youngest child and I rearranged my schedule to accommodate this appointment. I should have never been given an appointment that supposedly had been checked with Dr. Elieff and been approved for care when the care would not be offered. If you are looking for an ophthalmologist I would not recommend Dr. Elieff because he does not value established patients and the office staff is not organized enough to not inconvenience you. Either schedule with another Doctor or, better yet, try out a different practice.

Wish I could have met the doctor show details Wish I could have met the doctor
Jun 4th, 2012

When searching for an eye doctor, as I have never needed one prior, I found Dr. Elieff's profile and read the reviews. I chose to call Dr. Elieff's office because the reviews were very positive and encouraging. First thing Monday morning I called the office and asked if any appointments were available for today. Immediately without any further questions the receptionist simply replied, "We don't do same day appointments". I explained that over the weekend I was watching fireworks over the weekend when something flew into my eye, there is now a bump that is painful and my eye is discolored. She put me on hold. After five minutes another person answered asking if they could help me. I explained I wanted to book an appointment today if possible. Once again I received the curt robotic response, "we don't do same day appointments." I once again explained my situation. She offered to put me on hold while she asked a technician. Slightly annoyed I consented. The hold time wasn't as long this time but that was possibly because all she did was transfer me to the technician's voicemail. I am sure they have their reasons for not doing same day appointments. However, I am also sure that there are situations that warrant a visit as soon as possible. My injury may or may not be one of these situations, but I would prefer that a receptionist did not blanketly determine I do not warrant a visit simply because they "don't do same day appointments" without ever even finding out what I need a doctor for. I wonder if they had available appointments but would still rather turn someone with an injury away so they can maintain their precious no same day policy.

Oct 31st, 2011

Dr. Elieff is very personable, knowledgeable and patient. My distance eyesight since cataract surgery is better than it was when I was a child. His staff is efficient and friendly. I don't object to the wait for my appointment because I know he is taking extra time with each patient as he will with me.

Jeff Spencer show details Jeff Spencer
Sep 8th, 2011

I first met Stephen years ago when I had a flareup of iritis. He immediately dropped everything he had going and performed laser eye surgery which saved my sight. I trust him implicitly and he is excellent to work with

no appointments for atleast a month show details no appointments for atleast a month
Aug 2nd, 2011

Called to schedule an appointment, coming back from Afghanistan for a week, could not get an appointment until the following month. Very disappointed with their ability to schedule an appointment in a timely manner.

Wonderful, caring doctor show details Wonderful, caring doctor
by D. Grunor on Apr 20th, 2011

Dr. Elieff is one of my favorite doctors! I have had several eye doctors since being diagnosed early with glaucoma. Dr. Elieff is the kindest one with the most competent staff. I would recommend him to anyone. My husband and 8 year old son went a couple weeks ago and also really liked him and his staff.

very personable show details very personable
by flower mound, tx patient on Sep 15th, 2010

this doctor was able to fit me in immediately when i was very concerned about a problem. he is quite patient and caring and will promply call back when i need to talk with him. i will happily recommend dr. elieff to anyone that wants...in my opinion...'the best doctor'.

by Kels on Dec 1st, 2008 on yahoo.com

Great! The first time I went to his office, he found contacts for me after my other eye doctor and I had given up after trying numerous pairs over almost a YEAR. He took time to explain what was going on with my eyes and made sure I understood. It made me even more confident about him. The whole staff was very nice and personable! The only thing was most of what I needed wasn't covered by insurance since I just needed my eyes looked at and I wasn't going for cataracts or anything. They're medical, not vision insurance.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Oct 25th, 2007 on yahoo.com

He was wonderful and really cares about his patients. I would refer everyone to him.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com