Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Allen R Berkowitz has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Allen R Berkowitz has the following 9 expertise
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Stress Fractures
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Sprains and Strains
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Tennis Elbow
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Allen R Berkowitz has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Allen R Berkowitz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Berkowitz has been nothing but wonderful. He and his entire medical staff have been so kind and have really gone above and beyond for me as I went through a difficult time. Dr. Berkowitz is extremely knowledgeable and always airs on the side of caution. I felt very comfortable and safe with every decision he made before, during, and after my hand surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Berkowitz!
Zero bedside manner. Not courteous at all and even took a call on speaker phone ironically yelling at someone else that they were unprofessional earlier. But the biggest issue is the overbilling. Charged $1,800 for a homemade finger splint and billed it as surgery. I received no surgery or injections or therapy. Nothing that would constitute as surgery. My finger wasn't broken. They just told me to keep the splint on for 10 weeks or so and out the door. These are the reasons medical costs are through the roof.
34 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1984
Bellevue Hospital Center
Dr. Allen R Berkowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Allen R Berkowitz, MD - Surgery of the Hand in Hartford, CT, in this video.
Dr. Allen R Berkowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.