Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian C De Muth
Dr. Brian C De Muth, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elkton, MD, with another office in West Grove, PA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. De Muth is affiliated with Union Hospital. Dr. De Muth has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian C De Muth has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Brian C De Muth has the following 16 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Brian C De Muth is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I saw Dr. Demuth in 2013. I had sprained my ankle missing a step after an 8 mile training run, training for the Hershey half-marathon. He had me in tears. I am a grown woman whose ankle wasn't healing right. The swelling hadn't subsided, but it stayed thick way too long. He shamed me. I came to him for help. His own nursing staff put him in a room with me alone, to basically give him a piece of my mind. The appropriate thing to have done with me, would be direct me to a physical therapist. Which the next doctor did, and I resumed running. Because I was not a candidate for surgery, he was hostile. What is wrong with a doctor who is angry with a patient coming to them for help? I followed his instructions, nothing changed, only to be dealt with in hostility. He never apologized, but got the picture of what he did wrong with me. I will not go there or recommend any one see this doctor.
All he wants to do is give injections
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. De Muth is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Brian C De Muth accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian C De Muth in this video.
Dr. Brian C De Muth is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elkton, MD.