Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Catherine J Ellis has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Showing 5 of 25
I was unable to see Dr. Jonnakuty for over a year now because of changes in her schedule and mine. I'm so glad I was finally able to see her again. She is kind and patient and spent a lot of time with me going over my sugars and making changes to my insulin schedule which had become very overwhelming. I'm very happy to seeing her again!
I have spent the last few years looking for an endocrinologist. I knew when I met Dr Jonnakuty I finally found the right doctor for me. She was so compassionate and really took the time to listen to my symptoms. Because of how thorough and knowledgeable she is, I was finally given the right diagnosis & since have been treated appropriately. I feel great!! Thank you Dr Jonnakuty!
I've been seeing dr. jonnakuty for a few years now for both diabetes and thyroid. I didn't come in for a follow up visit for a few months and am upset that she has left the practice in baltimore. She was thorough and up to date on all the new treatment choices for my diabetes. she was very caring and i grew to trust her over the years. she also made sure i did all my other annual exams like with my opthalmologist and gyn. i hope to find another doctor like her who i can develop a similar relationship with.
I was very happy with my visit to dr. jonnakuty's office. Unfortunately, she relocated and I was only able to get a few visits in before she left. I was very satisfied with the care I received. I was started on a new medication for diabetes which worked very well. I wish I was on it sooner. I felt like she explained all the possible side effects clearly and helped me understand how to take the injection and how it worked. Overall pleased and will continue my care at the center.
Dr. Catherine J Ellis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery, 1625 N George Mason Dr, Arlington, VA
Dr. Catherine J Ellis is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Arlington, VA.