Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher J Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Christopher J Brown has the following 17 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Disorders
- Hand Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
Dr. Christopher J Brown has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Christopher J Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
2 hour wait for this doctor. He spent less than 2 minutes with me. He misdiagnosed my problem
I do apologize for the delay in seeing you. My typical schedule allows me to spend quality time with my patients, but I can run behind if I am treating a patient with an especially difficult issue.
at age 48, I went to see dr brown because of terrible leg pain, that prevented me from sleeping, getting in and out of my car, etc.- from thinking, evenI walked like i was 148, as opposed to 48the pain came on suddenly, after returning from an overseas tripdr brown met with me, took x-rays, etc.his conclusion- i had terrible arthritis- the main, underlying condition was congenital (my hip joints and sockets were ill-fitting, like the parts were mixed up at an assembly plant), but it had reached a critical point, thru normal wear and tear, etc.- he was amazed no one had caught it to date(the only hint: my mom wondered why it took me so long to walk, as an infant. "This is why," dr brown said. "They routinely test for such conditions, these days, but not back then. At least not as routinely.")- he was amazed i could even get around, as well as i could- he said that while the x-rays warranted immediate full, bilateral hip replacement, if i could wait, if it wasn't too painful, given how improvements, etc. are coming down the pike almost every day, it might make sense for me to wait, until it was "clear" and "unavoidable" that i "needed" to go under the knife- he said "you'll know when it's time to pull the trigger"- dr brown not only welcomed, but also encouraged me to get a second opinionin addition to doing tons of research (the internet), I got 4 "second opinions"** having had a terrible experience with eye surgery, i intended to leave no stone unturnedfirst, i saw my mom's orthopedic surgeon, in DC(she, at age 80, had one hip replaced by a doc in DC)I suppose that every doc has their own particular way of looking at the same set of facts- same as lawyers (like me)each of the first 3 "second opinion" docs i checked with said slightly different things...my fourth and final "second opinion" was from the head of orthopedics at johns hopkins hospital, frank frassica (also a prof at the med school), in baltimore- dr frassica looked over my x-rays, reviewed dr brown's report, and saw me, concluding: "I agree 100% with dr brown, and wouldn't change one iota of his diagnosis, prognosis, or recommended course of treatment"i went on to get both hips replaced, one week separating the surgeries (recommended for me. as i understand it, a "true 'bilateral hip replacement'" involves both being done, right after the other)my recovery was fastrehab went like clockworksince the surgery, i've been moving better (range, mobility, etc.) than i ever have--even as a kid- pilates, spin, stuff i could never do, pre-surgery(ies)i HIGHLY recommend dr brownhis expertise has changed my lifei'm deeply indebted to him
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Holston Valley Medical Center
Dr. Christopher J Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBlue Ridge Orthopaedics Association, 52 W Shirley Ave, Warrenton, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher J Brown in this video.
Dr. Christopher J Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warrenton, VA.