Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Claire S Riley has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Claire S Riley has the following 9 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Transverse Myelitis
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
Showing 5 of 30
The doctor was so wonderful to call me personally at 4:30 pm on a Friday afternoon and arrange for a nurse practitioner to come to my home and provide me an immediate 3 day IV treatment. I've worked the last 20+ yrs of my life in healthcare so I can tell you that this is a talented brilliant doc to have on your team.
Dr. Riley is the BEST doctor I have seen since being diagnosed with MS in 2004. She is everything you want in a doctor. I love her. She does not leave the exam room without discussing everything with you. If you need an hour - she'll give you the hour. Of course she has nurse practitioners that you talk to but she is right there with her medical opinion and explains her reasoning! She doesn't just say "we're going to do this" without explaining why. After years and years with different doctors I have finally found THE ONE!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
14 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Claire S Riley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Claire S Riley
Dr. Claire Riley earned an undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College and a medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. She completed an internship in internal medicine and her residency in neurology at Columbia University Medical Center. , she completed a two-year clinical fellowship in the Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Care & Research Center at Columbia University in 2010. Dr. Riley is board certified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Riley returned to Columbia University as Director of the Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Care & Research Center in January 2012. She was previously an attending neurologist and assistant professor in the Yale MS Center in New Haven, CT. Dr. Riley regularly teaches medical students, residents and fellows in the MS clinic. She is also an investigator in clinical trials related to multiple sclerosis. Columbia University's Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Care & Research Center is a premier treatment and research facility for individuals living with multiple sclerosis. Our center remains dedicated to providing the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic care available to our patients.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Claire S Riley is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.