Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Curtis K Argo has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
Dr. Curtis K Argo has the following 18 expertise
- Portal Hypertension
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Fatty Liver
- Clinical Research
- Liver Transplantation
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis B
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Dr. Curtis K Argo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Curtis K Argo - Posted on August 12th, 2012
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
18 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA HEALTH SYSTEM, 1215 Lee St, Charlottesville, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Curtis K Argo, MD - Gastroenterology in Charlottesville, VA, in this video.
Dr. Curtis K Argo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charlottesville, VA.