Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David J Roberts has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Roberts was wonderful, until I had a pregnancy at 35. He made me feel like I had a disease or something. I felt like I was doing a bad thing, and he was constantly telling me of all these horrible risks. If something is wrong with your baby Dr. Roberts would probably find it quicker and treat it better than any Dr. in the area so it may be worth listening to the negativity if your over 35 just to have a healthy and safe pregnancy. I couldn't take it and switched over to the other Dr. in the practice.
I was a patient at Carilion Clinic OBGYN for 35 weeks of my pregnancy. During my first appointment with Dr. David Roberts we discussed my plans to have a VBAC (Vaginal birth after cesarean) and he agreed. I chose this practice based on the acceptance of wanting to VBAC. Everything was fine and I had discussed my VBAC at length with the other members of the practice and no issues were ever mentioned. At about 32 weeks Dr. Roberts informed me that I would not be "allowed" to vbac and the only reason he could give me was because my BMI was high (please note that I gained less than 10lbs during my entire pregnancy and my BMI had not changed at all since he agreed to the VBAC at the first appointment). Less than 1 month before my due date I get a call from Dr. Roberts telling me that he transferred my care to a different provider over an hour away and that I would not be allowed to deliver at the hospital in the town where I live unless I consented to a c section. When I inquired about what I could expect in the event that I had no choice but to go to the hospital in my town because it was closest to my home he told me that he would get a court order to force me to have a c section if I did not sign the consent. Dr. Roberts is not a VBAC friendly provider. He pulled a bait and switch on me and went as far a threatened to have the courts force me into a c section that is not medically necessary. Sadly the other providers are not truly VBAC friendly as well because the are not capable of making their own decisions and just play follow the leader. I do not recommend this practice to anyone but especially anyone hoping for a VBAC.
Dr. Roberts is great but the office staff is horrible. If you can ever get them to answer the phone they act like you are bothering them, and forget about polite. When I was pregnant with my first child the office was wonderful, you could not ask for a nicer place now I am pregnant again and we are seriously considering changing doctors in the middle of the pregnancy just because of the office staff!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2008, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
28 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1990
University Of Rochester Medical Center
Dr. David J Roberts accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsCarilion Ob/Gyn, 1997 S Main St Ste 704, Blacksburg, VA
Dr. David J Roberts is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Blacksburg, VA.