Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David J Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Disorders
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 72
I was under Dr. David Smith's care for a torn tendon. When I became discouraged thinking that I would never be healed, he encouraged me to continue therapy and the exercises. Well, he was right! The pain is gone and I now have complete range of motion. I was able to resume my work-out routine and golf again. Dr. Smith cares about his patients. Thanks Doc, for keeping me in the game!
Dr Smith fixed my knee due to a baseball injury. I was a catcher so my knees were very important. I was 19 at the time and my college physician was just saying cortisone cortisone injections. didn't help at all. so a friend suggested Dr Smith. to evaluate. Dr Smith was straight up and to the point said I needed a Lateral release on my left knee. I agreed. 1 day surgery. was back catching in 3 weeks. Had ML tryouts and played minor league with no issues. I'm 50 now and still playing softball with no knee issues at all. Thank You Dr Smith for making my dream come true.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2010, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2013, 2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
38 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. David J Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBone And Joint Physicians, 5540 W 111th St Ste 1, Oak Lawn, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David J Smith in this video.
Dr. David J Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oak Lawn, IL.