Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David E Kavesteen MD
Dr. David E Kavesteen has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David E Kavesteen has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
Showing 5 of 20
Self-verified patient of Dr. David E Kavesteen - Posted on March 14th, 2019
Patient and thorough
Self-verified patient of Dr. David E Kavesteen - Posted on October 21st, 2018
Excellent caring doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. David E Kavesteen - Posted on May 22nd, 2017
I have been seeing Dr. Kavesteen for 9 years. He is interested in the whole person and spends time talking to you about your lifestyle, health concerns, medication, and choices. He never rushes you and is genuinely concerned. Entire staff is friendly and helpful. I have recommended Dr. Kavesteen to many people.
Not the best!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. David E Kavesteen - Posted on January 28th, 2016
Don't know how this Dr. received five star rating from anyone...I found him rude, unconcerned and took so many tests but never followed up on them or discussed them..Also he prescribes medication but you are unable to get him to renew unless he gets a visit from you... I wouldn't recommend this Dr...He may have been better years ago??
Self-verified patient of Dr. David E Kavesteen - Posted on June 26th, 2015
Don't wait until you have a symptom to go to Heart and Health. Schedule a regular checkup appointment and Dr. Kavesteen and his team will enable you to adopt a healthier life style. Through a system of constant monitoring they will address key issues and minimize impending hazards and disasters. The group exemplifies the current paradigm in health care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
21 Years Experience
- Suny Downstate Med Ctr
Dr. David E Kavesteen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHEART AND HEALTH PLLC, 1350 Deer Park Ave, North Babylon, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David E Kavesteen, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in North Babylon, NY, in this video.
Dr. David E Kavesteen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Babylon, NY.