Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David M Loya has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. David M Loya has the following 14 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
Dr. David M Loya has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David M Loya is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
One of the worst Doctors I have visited in my lifetime. He should actually be reviewed for unethical practices. He simply declined to see the patient because he felt that he will be paid only for x-ray of one ankle by the insurance company whereas we were suspecting both the ankles fractured. And he was so arrogant that I would never ever recommend this doctor to anyone.
Dr. Loya didn't explain the pros and cons of my surgery in advance. He told me I would be out of work for 4 weeks. When I was having serious recovery issues, and I was worried that something was wrong, he casually mentioned my type of surgery requires 3-6 months for full recovery. My surgery was elective, I was not in that much pain and was functioning quite well. I feel his decision to operate was motivated by profit. He failed to show up for two post op appointments. I was so ill I required lab work several weeks after surgery, and he didn't bother to call me with the results. When I didn't hear anything, I had to assume results were negative. My pain was not adequately managed. The office staff is very rude and unhelpful and do not return calls.
Dr. Loya is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. David M Loya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Orthopaedics, 1500 Pleasant Valley Way Ste 101, West Orange, NJ
Dr. David M Loya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Orange, NJ.