Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Nicholson
Dr. David Nicholson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spartanburg, SC. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Nicholson is affiliated with Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, Mary Black Memorial Hospital and Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Car. He speaks English.
Dr. David Nicholson has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Nicholson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Spartanburg Regional Medical Center
Mary Black Memorial Hospital
Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Car
Palmetto Eye and Laser Center, LLC
44 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. David Nicholson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions479 Heywood Ave, Spartanburg, SC
Dr. David Nicholson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spartanburg, SC.