Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dean M Cestari has the following 2 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Macular Degeneration
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Migraine Disorders
- Lasik Surgery
- Pseudotumor Cerebri
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
No superlative could adequately express the magnificent level of care that I received while under Dr. Cestari's care. Besides his extraordinary medical skills, which improved my eyesight as well as the quality of my life, Dr. Cesatari's empathy, patience, and ability to listen made his sincere caring obvious. Dr. Cestari spent whatever amount of time was required so that the issues were addressed, questions answered and the highest level of care provided. I am blessed to have been his patient.
I can’t thank Dr. Cestari enough for correcting my father’s double vision. My father was about to give up hope after being told by four doctors that his double vision could not be corrected. This is when my family decided to take him to Mass Eye and Ear. We were so impressed with the level of care my father received. He left his first appointment being able to see single, with a temporary fix to his glasses, for the first time in almost 2 years. A few months later Dr. Cestari surgically corrected my father’s double vision. When my father awoke from surgery he was able to see perfect without his glasses. Again, my father and I can’t thank Dr. Cestari and his team at Mass Eye and Ear enough for correcting my father’s double vision and getting his life back.
I experienced excellent care and successful corrective surgery for my double vision. I am fortunate that after years of struggle and endless doctors, my problem was resolved surgically by Dr Cestari. There are no words for the significant improvement of my quality of life. I am a real patient that thanks Dr Cestari and would highly recommend him.
20 Years Experience
Sackler School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Dean M Cestari accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMassachusetts Eye And Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dean M Cestari in this video.
Dr. Dean M Cestari is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.