Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ellen L Taylor
Dr. Ellen L Taylor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecology. Dr. Taylor is affiliated with Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore. Dr. Taylor has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Ellen L Taylor has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Breast Exam
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 47
Dr. Taylor was my Gyn. for several years, but I finally had enough of her extremely rough pelvic exams. They were always so rough and fast I felt like she was always trying to beat a land-speed record, and I felt like A hog-tied calf in a rodeo after she finished. Her medical knowledge is first-rate, though, and this kept me returning. She solved a persistent UTI issue, and did excellently in a laparoscopic surgery where there were unexpected findings. Her mercurial moods and one especially rough pap smear finally made me reach my limit, though. She is happiest and in the best mood during surgery, lousiest in the exam room. She should stick to surgery only.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Taylor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Ellen L Taylor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsEllen Levin Taylor Md, 2835 Smith Ave Ste 210, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Ellen L Taylor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.