Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Emily L Chan has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Rectal Bleeding
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Prolapse
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Bowel Resection
- Fecal Incontinence
- Rectal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Do they make doctors like this anymore -- doctors who take the time to explain everything they are doing, who explain their thought processes in coming to a diagnosis, who are clearly highly intelligent and yet humble enough to work their own front desk in the morning before the official receptionist arrived? I was deeply impressed with Dr. Chan for all of these reasons, especially since I haven't come across another doctor this caring in my 10 years in the city. Do know that the office digs aren't posh. The elevator is slow, the building is old and shows its age. But if quality of care is more important to you than a beautiful office, I can't recommend this doctor enough. (I heard fluent English, as well as Mandarin, Cantonese and other dialects of Chinese spoken in the office.)
While most busy doctors out there wants to screen patients as quickly as possible so that he/she can see the next patient, Dr Chan is a rare exception. If you make an appointment, most patients actually get 1/2 hour with her. She really listens and very attentive to your needs. Another thing is that when she determines that if no treatment was done to you, she will actually refund your money. The only con (which is not really one) is that she works in Chinatown and sometimes she sometimes have problems communicating in Chinese so she often has to ask the receptionist to translate.
I came to see Dr. Chan for a 3:30 appointment. I sat and stood there for 2 hours with an agonizing abscess on my butt. There were two ahead of me and they were taking forever. At 4:30 I was assured I would be next when another patient came in. At 5:00, Dr. Chan came out and said "I have to take him first". Didn't even look at me. No explanation. The receptionist Lied To My Face and said, "Oh, he came in before you". I said, "so if another Chinese person shows up while I'm waiting, can I assume they will be taken before me as well?" No answer, just some freakin' nonsensical gobbledygook. I left and walked home in excruciating pain.
26 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Emily L Chan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDaniel H Cheng Md, 128 Mott St Ste 301, New York, NY
Dr. Emily L Chan is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New York, NY.