Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Eric L Freedman has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Eric L Freedman has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Eric L Freedman has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eric L Freedman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
First thing his office did was demand that I sign a document giving him full access to a credit card. The stated purpose was "easy balance billing." The only inference I can draw is that Dr Freedman has zero trust in his patients. Why then should I trust him? He flatly refuses to see or treat anyone who will not give him pre-authorized and unlimited access to your credits cards. In my opinion, Dr Freedman's driving goal is MONEY, NOT PATIENT CARE.
The first person you meet in a doctors office should be friendly, and knowledgable. Not the case here. Do not ever question an appointment error. You will get a very short, unprofessional answer. Have had several appointment issues. The doctor us top notch but someone needs to provide training or he will loose some patients.
Chose Freedman based on two recommendations from former patients. He did bilateral carpal tunnel releases, after trying splints and cortisone injections without me feeling much improvement (surgery was offered, it wasn't pushed aggressively, as I used to experience in LA.) Now 6 years out & still content with the results (it wasn't a fix but a BIG improvement, allowed me to keep working with my hands for 6 more years.)Staff was a mixed bag, the scheduler was particularly rude and difficult to deal with - she booked an initial surgery date for me, THEN told me - I said, "I am away that day, do it on any day except Tuesday or Thursday because I'm away from the desert those days." She then booked the next surgery date on a Tuesday, I said "I'm not available on those days" and she said "WE'VE ACCOMMODATED YOU ONCE ALREADY!", never mind that it was her error also. Freedman = A, staff = C-
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Eric L Freedman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEric L Freedman Md, 36951 Cook St Ste 102, Palm Desert, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric L Freedman, MD - Surgery of the Hand in Palm Desert, CA, in this video.
Dr. Eric L Freedman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Desert, CA.