Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Farhana Amir
Dr. Farhana Amir, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, TX. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Amir is affiliated with CHI St Vincent Hot Springs (formerly Mercy Hospital Hot Springs). Dr. Amir has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Farhana Amir has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Farhana Amir has the following 56 expertise
- Cerebral Palsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Insulin Resistance
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Primary Headache Disorders
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Bell's Palsy
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Rheumatic Fever
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Coronary Disease
- Weight Loss
Dr. Farhana Amir has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Amir is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Farhana Amir accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJps Southeast Tarrant County Med Home, 1050 W Arkansas Ln Ste 150, Arlington, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Farhana Amir in this video.
Dr. Farhana Amir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.