Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fauzia F Mahmood has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Fauzia F Mahmood has the following 11 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 40
he voice of truth when you refuse to accept what's right in front of you. No holds bar, may come across as abrupt, even rude - if you read previous reviews, but that's likely because you have already self diagnosed, or think you know best - and you're either arguing with her, or wasting her time. I looked right into the woman's eyes and saw what i already knew.. but was too afraid to admit. Thank you.
My family and I had a great experience with Dr. Mahmood. I wanted someone for my daughter who would be straightforward, direct, and not sugarcoat, and that is what we got. She is experienced and knowledgable, and she helped my husband and I understand our roles in how to help my daughter as well. She has been a huge factor in helping my child continue to do well in school and in life.
My son has seen Dr. Mahmood for about six months now, while she is very direct and authoritative with both of us, which could be good for behaviorally disruptive kids who have no respect for their parents, she mis-managed my sons medications, not properly titrating him off of a medication you can't just stop, leading him to an ER visit. I was so dissapointed that I decided to leave. Upon notifying her of my issues and requesting documentation she took it personally and said some very inappropriate comments to me which was surprising but showed her true colors. I will never send my soon there again and I do not recommend her to anyone of my friends or family. We have found another doctor and are happy. I will also be filing an ethical grievance with the licensing board.
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. Fauzia F Mahmood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsSt Clare's Hospital at Boonton Township, 130 Powerville Rd, Boonton, NJ
Dr. Fauzia F Mahmood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boonton, NJ.