Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frank J Adipietro Jr
Dr. Frank J Adipietro Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenport, NY. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Adipietro is affiliated with Eastern Long Island Hospital. Dr. Adipietro has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Frank J Adipietro Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Frank J Adipietro Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Fractures
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
Showing 5 of 38
I spent two years trying to get relief from my back pain and tried everything from epidurals to acupuncture without success. When Dr. Adipietro's nurse told me he would be giving me an epidural, I replied that I had one previously without success. She then said, "But you didn't have it with this doctor." She was right. The first shot gave me almost 2 months of total relief.
Dr. Adipietro rushed me through a cervical epidural. He hit a nerve in my neck with his needle, causing my arm to jump. Extremely painful! I had a dural headache, or post-puncture headache, for two days. I could not get out of bed. It was one of the worst medical experiences I have ever had by far. Furthermore, ELIH is not equipped to do pain management, in my opinion. It's a zoo.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Adipietro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Frank J Adipietro Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Fork Anesthesia Pc, 201 Manor Pl, Greenport, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frank J Adipietro Jr in this video.
Dr. Frank J Adipietro Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenport, NY.