Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fred Hyer
Dr. Fred Hyer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orlando, FL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hyer is affiliated with Florida Hospital Waterman, Florida Hospital Med Center and Florida Hospital Apopka. Dr. Hyer has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Fred Hyer has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Fred Hyer has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Fred Hyer has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Fred Hyer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Hyer has a very gentle personality but very knowledgeable. Takes as much time a needed to express my symptoms - never felt rushed. Has a wonderful sense of humor and makes you feel like you are talking to a friend.
Doctor Hyer was very friendly, caring and attentive, he took time to listen to my symptoms and give me direct and clear information on my diagnoses. He totally made me forget about my condition and help me to focus on how to get better! His sense of humor was a plus! The front office staff were also very friendly.I would definitely recommend him to others if your looking for the best doctor in the downtown orlando area.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Med Center
Florida Hospital Apopka
Florida Hospital Kissimmee
Florida Hospital East Orlando
Winter Park Memorial Hospital
43 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1970
Jackson Health System
Dr. Fred Hyer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsFred Henry Hyer MD, 2501 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fred Hyer in this video.
Dr. Fred Hyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.