Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary Steinberg
Dr. Gary Steinberg, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Stanford, CA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Neurological Surgery. Dr. Steinberg is affiliated with Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford and Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary Steinberg has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Ischemia
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid Stenosis
- Central Nervous System Vascular Anomalies (Brain Vascular Malformation)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Experimental Radiation Injuries
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Gene Therapy
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Intracranial Embolism and Thrombosis
- Middle Cerebral Artery Infarction
- Moyamoya Disease
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Pathologic Constriction
- Ruptured Aneurysm
- Seizure Disorders
- Skull Base Cancer
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Vascular Tumor (Cavernous Hemangioma)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 70
Dr. Steinberg did both my mom's surgeries after she was discovered to have THREE aneurysms and one had already ruptured. She was admitted to ICU and he promptly scheduled her emergency surgery for the following day, which went better than anyone expected. He did her second surgery to clip off the second aneurysm around 6 months later and continues to monitor a third, much smaller, aneurysm to this day. He's the absolute best
Dr. Steinberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
33 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Stanford Hospitals And Clinics
Dr. Gary Steinberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary Steinberg in this video.
Dr. Gary Steinberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.